How to Create Gmail Backup to Mac Outlook In Few Simple Steps
Summary: The Internet has now become a need of the hour. However, its availability cannot be sure every time. Therefore, it is important to have the data in a format for which you do not require internet connectivity. So, here we have come up with a solution to backup Gmail emails to Mac Outlook for Mac in simple steps.
Well, in such scenarios, creating a local copy of your database on the local system is the best option. After that, you can access your emails even if you are not connected with the internet.
Apart from this, sometimes Gmail is slow and takes much time to compose a new email while Outlook for Mac responds quickly. However, there are several users who do not know how to create Gmail backup to Mac Outlook. In this post, we are going to focus on the same issue and its solutions.
Backup Gmail Emails to Mac Outlook Using Simple Tricks
The simplest method for achieving this goal is by using a third-party application as described below.
Mac Gmail Backup Tool is one of the best solutions to create a local copy of emails from a single Gmail account on Mac OS X even without any trouble. This advanced software allows users to execute the task more precisely and efficiently as it enables users to download emails from selective folders while creating the backup.
With the help of its Date Filter option, users can archive the data of a particular date range. Users can create the backup of their Gmail account in PST file format using this software and later this PST file can be imported in Mac Outlook. Also, one can free up the server space after they are successfully able to backup Gmail emails to Mac Outlook with its Delete After Download Facility.
Note: Only free Gmail accounts can be backed up using this software. In addition, it does not save your credentials.
Manual Process to Export Gmail Emails to Mac Outlook
- Open your Gmail web client and click on the Settings menu
- In Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, select Enable IMAP
- Hit Save Changes button
- Now, open Outlook for Mac application and click on the Tools tab. Select Accounts…
- Click on the + button and choose Other Email… option (or Email.. in Outlook 2011)
- Type your email address and Password, in the respective fields
- Type the username in the User name field
- Enter the following information for your server settings:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com
- Make sure Use SSL to Connect box is checked for each server
- Click Add Account
- Your account will be configured now and emails will start syncing
- Some users may need to change the app security settings while using a non-google or android email program. For this, sign in to your Gmail account and click Google Apps >> My Account In Sign-in & Security section, choose Connected apps & sites
- Scroll down the screen until you get the Allow less secure apps option and turn it on After this, Mac Outlook will save all your Gmail emails locally in OLM file format and you can access them even in the absence of internet connection.
Also Read: How to View Gmail Email in Outlook
Gmail is the best platform for email communication and it is also the least expensive. However, it does not store its database on the local machine, and users cannot access their emails without WiFi or internet connectivity. Due to all such reasons, the need to backup Gmail emails to Mac Outlook occurs. Here, we have disclosed some simple manual and automatic workarounds for the same. Now, users can opt for any method as per their preferences and available time.