Know How to Save Attachments from Mac Outlook OLK Files?
Are you facing a situation where you want to extract attachments from Mac Outlook OLK files? If your answer is Yes, then you are landed on the right page. The main objective of this write-up is to describe what is OLK file and how to save attachments from the Mac Outlook OLK file.
So, with the help of this article, one can easily download multiple attachments from outlook 2011 and 2016 OLK file. But before going to describe the method first let’s understand what is OLK file.
Mac Outlook OLK File: In Mac Outlook 2016 and 2011, the individual data of Outlook profile is saved in OLK file format. The OLK14 or OLK15 files are located in the identity folder of the Mac Outlook users’ account. And all the attachments are saved in the olk14MsgAttach file.
- The default location of Mac OLK file in Outlook 2016- /Users//Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook15 Profiles/Main Profile
- The default location of OLK file in Outlook for Mac 2011/Users/username/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/
How to Save Attachments from Mac Outlook OLK file?
If you are searching for a manual method to extract attachments from OLK file, then there is sad news for you because there is no inbuilt program available in Mac Outlook that can extract email attachments from OLK. File.
So, in that case, the user can take the help of a third-party application that is Mac Outlook Attachment Extractor. The Software is fully designed to extract multiple email attachments from OLK14 OR OLK15 files without any data loss. The software has a separate option to add OLK file also gives users multiple options to maintain the folder hierarchies during the attachments extraction process. The Mac Outlook Attachment Extractor is supported by all versions of Mac OS.
Follow the step-by-step guidelines in order to save attachments from Outlook OLK file.
Step 1: Download and install the Mac Outlook Attachment Extractor your Mac machine
Step 2: After completing the installation process launch the software and Select Let Me Browse option.
Step 3: Now, click on the Add Files and Add Folders to add the OLK files.
Step 4: To maintain the folder hierarchy of your attachments file, choose to Maintain Folder Hierarchy option.
Step 5: Now, click on the Advance Filter option to set the filter option.
Step 6: From Advance Filter tab choose the category items like Mail, Contacts, Calendars to extract attachments
Step 7: Select the file size and file type from Attachment Size and Extension option from the advance filter tab
Step 8: Click on the Change button to select the destination location for the exported attachments files from OLK file.
Step 9: After all the settings, click on the Export button to start the
Features of the Software
- Options to Maintain Folder Hierarchy – This software gives you two options to maintain the folder hierarchy during the attachments extraction process:
- Main Folder Hierarchy: This option is capable to maintain proper folder hierarchy the same as the original one.
- No Folder Hierarchy: This option will permit you to extract all attachments without maintaining the folder hierarchy
- Naming Convention Option-This Mac Outlook Attachment Extractor tool gives two different options for naming convention such as for Attachment and for Folder.
- Extension Exclude & Include-If users want specific file extension, then this attachment extractor is capable to exclude or include file types as per your requirement while attachments extracting process.
- Advanced Filter-This Mac Outlook Attachment Extractor comes with advanced filter options like Categories Filter, Date Filter, Attachment Size, and Extension Filter.
Let’s Sum Up
After considering user’s queries ‘how to save attachments from Mac Outlook OLK file?’. In this article, we have provided a relevant and effective method that can easily extract multiple email attachments from the OLK file of Mac Outlook 2011/2016.