Recover Deleted Calendar Items from Outlook – Here is How?
If you want to know how to recover deleted calendar items from Outlook, then you have landed on the right page.
The Outlook calendar provided by Microsoft helps the users to schedule and manage appointments, meetings and events among others. It also assists the people in keeping track of their work and setting reminders if they want.
However, in certain situations, there are chances that the user can experience data loss. This can happen due to unintentionally deleting calendar entries or losing it due to file corruption, hacking, virus attacks or malware.
Thus, you may fall into situations to recover deleted items from Outlook calendar even if one of the aforementioned situations occurs. Outlook PST files can be destroyed and can become inaccessible to you if anything happens.
There are separate methods to deal with both situations, which will be discussed in this article in detail.
Point to be Noted: Calendar Items can only be recovered within 30 days of deletion. All the data will permanently be lost after that.
Let’s now take a look at the methods to recover the data items and what is the professional solution for this.
Ways to Recover Deleted Calendar Items from Outlook
There are different cases for which you may need to recover your data from Calendar. Given below are the situations that a user may find themselves into:
If you want to make sure the data is successfully retrieved, you can skip to the professional solution directly.
Let’s now move to the first case scenario and find out how it works. If yours is another case, you can go to the second solution.
Scenario 1: Recover Deleted Items from Outlook Calendar in Case of Accidental Deletion
When you accidentally delete your calendar items, the first place to look is the trash folder. From there you can recover your calendar items either on the web or within the client.
Follow the given steps and learn how to do it:
1. Launch your Outlook application on the system.
2. Click on the ‘Deleted Items’ option.
3. Click on the ‘Recover items recently removed from this folder’ option.
4. Now, select the Calendar Item that you want to restore and click on the OK option to recover deleted calendar items from Outlook.
5. Next, right click and restore it from the Deleted Items folder.
It is crucial to remember that when you leave the Outlook application, the deleted items folder deletes all the content that was there in it.
To avoid this, take the following precautions:
Step 1: Navigate to the File pane and click Options > Advanced.
Step 2: Navigate to the Start and exit section and remove the Empty deleted items checkbox before clicking OK.
Step 3: Once done, you can proceed to restore the lost calendar.
Scenario 2: Recover Deleted Calendar Items from Outlook in Case of Corruption or Damage
Files are frequently lost or left unavailable as a result of Outlook data file corruption or destruction. When this happens, such files must be restored before they can be recovered.
Inbox Repair Tool- ScanPST.exe is a built-in repair function in Microsoft Outlook. This program is mostly used to repair minor corruptions and restore corrupted files. If your Calendar entries get damaged, you may quickly restore and recover the data with this tool.
Follow the steps as mentioned below to use this tool:
1. To open Windows Explorer, press Win + E and start the process to recover deleted items from Outlook calendar.
2. Follow the file path in Windows Explorer to find the ScanPST.exe application under Outlook.
3. Choose Browse, then locate and pick the Outlook file to be repaired and recovered.
4. Start the scan by clicking on the Start button.
5. After the scan, click Repair to complete the procedure.
Now, if there are certain requirements that you need to fulfill but are not able to with the help of the given methods, you can take the smart way.
Automated Way to Recover Deleted Calendar Items from Outlook
Outlook Recovery Software is a one-stop utility which is capable of recovering hard deleted or permanently deleted calendar items.
Using this tool, you can directly recover the deleted calendar items, if it is deleted accidentally or because of any malware or virus.
The tool presents the recovered items in Red in the deleted items folder in the preview panel so that the user is able to easily recognize the restored items.
The folder hierarchy is not disturbed using this tool while you try to recover deleted items from Outlook calendar. It also gives an option to save all the retrieved data in PDF file format.
Follow the Below Given Steps to Know More About the Tool
Step 1: Download the software and run it on your system. Click on the Add File option & preview the items which were deleted.
Step 2: Insert the files to the software by choosing the Select File option and navigate to the location of the file.
Step 3: Select the Scan Mode as per your requirement and hit the Add button to recover deleted calendar items from Outlook.
Step 4: Choose the PST format from the Export Type and hit the Advance Settings option to make use of the different filters.
Step 5: After it is done, browse the destination where you want to store the recovered files and click on Export.
Also, the Quick Scan Mode allows you to recover data from the less corrupted files. Whereas, the Advance Scan Mode will help you to recover highly corrupted file that you cannot view in the Quick Scan Mode.
What Reasons Cause You to Recover Deleted Calendar Items from Outlook?
There are various reasons for it:
1. Accidental Deletion: User itself deleted the calendar entries unintentionally.
2. Abnormal Shutdown of Outlook: Sometimes because of casual behavior, most of the users shutdown the system directly without closing the Outlook application. As a result, the header of the file gets corrupted and it also makes the other items of Outlook inaccessible too.
3. Outlook Data File Header Corruption: There are several reasons for the corruption of the header. Outlook data file header stores significant information. You may need to recover deleted items from Outlook calendar if it gets corrupted then it also prompts other integrated modules to behave abnormally.
4. Malware Attacks: Unwanted software also makes the Outlook supported file corrupt and as a result of which the user is unable to access mailbox data.
Calendar entries in Outlook are lost when the Outlook data file is deleted or damaged. If you remove the calendar files accidentally, you may simply restore them within 30 days.
However, in the event of a permanent deletion or corruption, you may need to utilize the tool, as advised in this article to recover deleted calendar items from Outlook.