Unlock PDF for Editing on Mac – Learn in Easy Steps With Integrated Images
Summary: Today, let’s understand the methods to unlock PDF for editing on Mac. We will be discussing the entire procedure of unlocking the files so that users can easily edit them. Choose from the methods that you think is right for your situation.
PDF is a file format that can be locked with permissions and passwords since it holds important and sensitive information. This format is the only one that has this level of security which is why these files are also used in legal terms.
You can read a password protected PDF file but in order to edit it, you first have to unlock it and then make the changes. The methods to unlock PDF document for editing are explained in the following segment. But why should you remove passwords?
This mainly happens if you send a protected PDF file to someone and need them to make changes but the person doesn’t know how to unlock it using the password. That causes the user to then look for solutions to unlock the files.
Now that we know why users may need to remove the protection, let’s dive into the methods of doing so.
How Can One Unlock PDF for Editing on Mac?
It is eminent that you remove the passwords from your files if you want to make any kind of changes in them. There shouldn’t be any restrictions on the file and to do so, you can use either of the two methods:
As the name suggests, the first way out makes sure that there are no troubles that the user has to go through while freeing there PDF files from the restrictions. It is a reliable solution for removing the restrictions and permissions.
Second one being the manual method, is also useful and works well if he doesn’t know the password, it is suggested to use the alternate solution. We will understand the working of both these methods in the upcoming segments. Let’s get started.
Trouble-Free Solution to Unlock PDF Document for Editing
This solution is a quick, safe, and reliable method for removing the passwords from your files to be able to edit, print, or extract them. Use the features from the Mac PDF Unlocker Tool to remove the user level passwords from single or multiple files. It also permits the users to remove the Owner level as well as user level security from the PDF.
You are also given an option unlock these files in bulk without losing any data, or any damage incurred to your PDF files. Find more features of this tool to unlock PDF for editing on Mac as explained below:
- Remove the permissions for editing, printing, and copying the PDF
- Enable permissions such as commenting, signing, extracting, and form filling
- Unlock the files without having to install Adobe Acrobat application
- Choose to either Save or Print the PDF file after freeing it
- AES and RC4 128 and 256 bit encryptions are removed
- This software works on Mac OS 10.8, 10.9, and all the above versions
- Creates a CSV report for the procedure of unlocking the files
- Shows the status of the unlocking process as Pending and Completed
Now, going towards the working of this tool to have a clear vision on how it helps.
What are the Steps to Unlock PDF Document for Editing?
1. Install the software on your desktop and click on the Add File(s) option. Add the files to software panel and hit Next.
2. Now, select the Save radio button and hit the Change button to choose a destination location for the end result.
3. Finally, press the Unlock button and the tool will start removing all the permissions from your selected PDF files.
By following just 3 simple steps will unlock your files for you to be able to edit them as per your requirement.
Find the working of the manual method in the next segment.
Using Adobe Acrobat Pro to Unlock PDF for Editing on Mac
If you haven’t installed Adobe Acrobat on your Mac machine then download it first and then go through the following steps:
1. Launch Adobe Acrobat Pro on your Mac machine.
2. Select the secured PDF file and open it.
3. Go to Priorities section and choose the Security tab.
4. Now, you will see various file restrictions under the Document Restriction Summary.
5. After that, choose the Change Settings option and press No Security from there.
6. Here, you have to enter the password to unlock PDF document for editing and click on the OK button.
7. In the end, choose a desired location to save the resultant PDF files.
Time to End the Write-up
It is really important for users to keep their PDF files safe which leads them to protected these files with passwords and encryptions. If the user needs to edit it and has forgotten the password or needs someone else who doesn’t know how the password removal works to edit it, users tend to search for such solutions.
As mentioned, the manual method works the same but doesn’t work if the user has forgotten the permission passwords. In such scenarios, you can use the software as mentioned above in the blog where there is no such issue. He/she can easily unlock PDF for editing on Mac with the help of this tool and get all the file permissions enabled as explained above.