AOL Email Not Working on Mac – Top 2 Ways to Fix This Issue
Are you surfing the Internet for an eminent solution to solve AOL email not working on Mac mail account? Do not worry! Read this write-up and get the multiple techniques to fix AOL email stopped working on Mac platform issue. Stay connected!
Among the many email clients available for different operating systems and offered by different companies, AOL email is one that many use. But the AOL email account that stores many important emails and other items is very common. This makes managing email a bit tricky. So what can a user do in this kind of situation?
Most users add AOL email in Mac email account to fix it. But what if AOL stops working on Mac? So today, after considering this problem, we came up with this write-up to get rid of this issue.
However, proceed further and read all the segment to understand this topic in depth.
Must Read: Add Verizon Email to Mac
Free Method to Fix ‘AOL Email Not Working on Mac’ on Windows OS
1. To start the process, you must click on the Mail option and then Preferences.
2. After that, go to the Accounts tab.
3. Now click the ‘+’ sign to connect the AOL email to the Mac email.
4. In the Description box, mention AOL in it. And type your AOL email address in the Email Address box.
5. Then type your name in the Full Name box.
6. Now, you should mention the following details in the corresponding boxes mentioned below:
• Incoming mail server: imap.mail.AOL.com
• Username: Mention your AOL ID
• Password: Enter the password associated with the AOL account
7. Hit on the Advanced tab and add 993 in a Port box
8. Close the Mail preferences wizard, a pop-up window appears on the screen. Click Save to configure AOL account settings in the email client.
9. Finally, you can access your AOL email messages in the Mac mail application.
I have been looking for a solution for a long time to solve AOL email which is not working on Mac problem. A few days ago, it was working correctly even, I already tried to add the account manually, but when I select IMAP it fails.
Now, I can’t add AOL mail back to the Mac mail account. So please suggest me an instant method to add AOL email to Mac. Thanks in advance.
A Fortunate Way to Fix ‘AOL Email Not Working on Mac’ Issue
After reading the above-mentioned user’s real-time query. You can understand that the free solution does not have the ability to provide you an expected outcome. But do not worry, using the ‘Mac AOL Backup’ you can easily get rid of this issue. With the help of this application, you can fix AOL email not working on Mac without any data loss.
Moreover, you can operate this utility on any Windows machine. It extensively supports all editions of Windows OS.
Don’t jump out proceed further to the next segment. Here, we will disclose the steps to fix AOL email not working on Mac issue. Let’s have a look:
Steps to Re-add AOL Emails on Mac Mail Account Without Data Loss
The AOL email to Mac mail connecting procedure is divided into two different parts. You have to follow both of them to execute the process successfully. Let’s start:
#Part 1: Export AOL Emails on Mac Mail
Step 1: Download and run the proficient tool on your system.
Step 2: Add AOL mail credentials and login to your account.
Step 3: Select MBOX format & Apply filters option.
Step 4: Finally, the export process is complete successfully.
After executing the part 1, you will get an output file in MBOX file format. Now, follow the upcoming part 2 to complete this add AOL email to Mac procedure.
#Part 2: Import AOL Email to Mac
1. Start Mac Mail and press the file, then choose Import Mailboxes …
2. From the import wizard, choose the Files in MBOX radio button and click the Continue button to continue.
3. Choose the file created in part 1 and click the Choose button.
4. When you click the Choose button, a new pop-up wizard will appear on your screen indicating the path of the chosen data file.
5. Finally, click Done to finish connecting AOL email to Mac mail account procedure.
After implementing the solutions mentioned above, you can solve AOL email not working on Mac issue. But please note that the free method has some limitations. So, in this situation it’s better to go with the third-party solution suggested above. The tool is specially programmed to add AOL email to Mac mail account without data loss.