Different Ways to Convert MBOX Files to PDF Documents
PDF, just how many advantages it has? Documents for legal purposes, files that do not change on any platform, THE standard for documentation, and what not? In fact, PDF is so popular that there are queries to convert almost every file format to PDF format. And in this post, we will take a look at one such query i.e., how to convert MBOX files to PDF? We will be providing you with both the manual approach and a tool to help process dozens of files with attachments.
MBOX is the simplest of file formats to store multiple emails. More than 20 email clients use it for storing email messages. So when somebody asks about converting MBOX to PDF, it essentially means the conversion of each email message inside the MBOX file in a PDF document.
Methods to Export MBOX Files to PDF
In this section, we have demonstrated different ways to export MBOX emails to PDF. The user only needs to follow the method that seems appropriate.
Method 1: Convert MBOX to PDF with Mozilla Thunderbird
The user has to install Mozilla Thunderbird and download the ImportExportTools add-on in it. Only after these things are taken care of, can a user really use the free method as defined below:
- Right-click on Local Folders.
- After that, select ImportExportTools and click on Import mbox file option.
- Then, choose Import one or more MBOX files and click OK.
- Now, select the MBOX file from the system and click Open.
- At this point, the file will appear within the Local Folder section.
- Then, choose all the email messages present within this imported file.
- Right-click on any of the selected messages and choose Save Selected message > PDF format.
- After that, choose the location to save the file.
- The tool will generate a PDF file for each email message in the designated location.
Note: This manual method is good for users who only wish to save the email message in PDF documents. It Does Not saves Attachments with the Emails and also fails to provide any sort of customization settings. So, for such options, opt for the next method.
Method 2: Automated Solution for Exporting MBOX Files to PDF
Attachments are an important part of email message. Most users who wish for email conversion also requires the attachments to be converted alongside the emails. But the free manual method fails to deliver such results. Therefore, there is a requirement of third-party applications that can not only process dozens of MBOX files at once but also convert MBOX to PDF Mac with all attachments intact.
MacWareTools MBOX to PST is not confined to only PST files. It also offers the PDF option alongside other file formats such as EML, EMLX, MSG & HTML. It provides a multitude of features to export MBOX to PDF and makes it easy for users to obtain a seamless conversion experience.
The software has various features such as:
- Retains Attachments even after converting to PDF. Simply view the files in Adobe.
- Naming Convention with multiple options to choose from.
- Maintains folder structure and email formatting.
- Date Filters for selective conversion of Mac MBOX files to PDF.
- Option to apply bates number and date on each PDF page.
- Option to include MIME header details in legalized documents.
MBOX to PDF Converter is also available for the Windows platform. This tool provides a complete preview of all the emails and allows conversion of selective messages easily.
Steps to Export MBOX Files to PDF:
Step 1: Click “Add File” and add MBOX files.
Step 2: The tool will preview the email messages.
Step 3: Select “PDF” and apply “Advance Settings”.
Step 4: Click “Export” to start converting MBOX to PDF files.
You may be interested in:
In this day and age, people’s requirements are not fixed. There are no guarantees if the current form of file is enough for a user to work upon. Being the standard file format for businesses, PDF has a lot of usages, and sometimes even email messages are required to be documented in PDF format. In this blog, we covered the different ways to convert MBOX files to PDF in a seamless manner. While the free method has its own advantages, the automated solution excels at retaining the attachments and email properties during MBOX to PDF conversion.