How to Convert MBOX to TXT File in Easy Steps
Many users ask about the ways to convert MBOX to TXT files with or without attachments on the internet. So, for that, you will need to have an efficient MBOX to TEXT conversion method. For this, there are some of the user queries:
Regardless of the reason behind this conversion scenario, the fact remains that MBOX to TXT is not a simple task. If you have Mozilla Thunderbird, then you can achieve the intended TXT files, but in all other scenarios, you only have one option – a third-party tool.
For the same, we are going to share the best software here, that will allow conversion in bulk into plain text format. Hence, to know more about it in detail, go through the next section.
MBOX & TXT (TEXT) + Comparison
MBOX Format: MBOX is primarily used for storing email messages. It’s a popular format used by various email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and others. MBOX files consolidate multiple emails into a single file. Each email starts with the “From” header and is separated by a blank line from the next email. It includes not just the email text, but also headers, attachments (encoded), and other metadata.
TXT Format: TXT is a standard text file format used for storing plain text without any formatting. It contains unformatted text and can be opened and edited with any text editor. Text format also does not support images, different fonts, or styles.
- MBOX is more complex due to its ability to store multiple emails with metadata and attachments, while TXT is straightforward and simple.
- TXT files are easily readable and editable on any device, whereas MBOX files typically require specific email clients or viewers.
- MBOX is specialized for email storage, while TXT is versatile for any plain text data.
- MBOX can hold a richer set of data (emails with headers, attachments, etc.), unlike the plain text nature of TXT files.
Best Way to Convert MBOX to TXT (TEXT File Format)
Use MBOX Converter for Mac as it allows you to convert multiple MBOX files into TXT file format. There is no need to be on your toes with the software name. It provides you with an option to export multiple MBOX emails into Plain text format.
During the conversion, you can choose to keep or delete the MBOX email attachments as per your requirements. Also, before or after the completion of the process, it keeps the folder structure intact without any data manipulation.
A Quick overview:
- Start the MBOX to TXT Converter.
- Add the MBOX File to the interface.
- Preview the Select MBOX Files.
- Choose CSV File Format from the options.
- Setup Filter setting for Selective Conversion.
- After choosing a location, press the Save button.
Also, you can easily operate this software on any Mac machine, including Mac OS X 10.8, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.10, or any earlier versions. The best thing about this utility is you can also convert MBOX to PDF documents in batches with the same software.
Benefits of Using MBOX to TXT Converter
- Add Multiple MBOX Files – This software provides you with two ways to add MBOX files – ‘Add File’ and ‘Add Folder’. You can either select the files directly from the Mac machine or add a folder that contains the MBOX file. Then, it will automatically detect and add all the MBOX files stored in the folder. If required you can migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook with the help of this utility.
- Supports All Origin MBOX Files – There are more than 20 popular email applications that use MBOX files in one way or another to save email messages. This software supports all these MBOX files regardless of their origin and exports MBOX to TXT files (also supports MBX, MBS to TXT conversion). That means, if the file is of Apple Mail, then you can know how to import Apple Mail to Outlook using this application.
- Date Range Filters – You can select the optional filter option provided in this utility. All you need to do is to select “From” and “To” dates to export the required files.
- Export Attachments – Moreover, while converting MBOX files to TXT file format, it also saves the attachments in a separate folder on your local machine. You can choose to keep the attached files or delete them as per your requirements.
- Naming Options – Additionally, it also provides multiple naming conventions to save the email messages as TXT files like Subject, Subject+Date, etc.
Instant Step-by-Step Guide to Convert MBOX to TEXT Files
- First of all, download the MBOX to TXT converter software on any version of Mac machine
- Secondly, click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder option to select one or more MBOX file(s)
- After adding the file, make sure to verify them and click on the Next button
- Now, select the TXT format and click on the Advance Settings button to apply additional settings.
- Choose the Naming convention and apply other features as per your requirements. Then, click on the Save button to proceed
- Once everything is set, click on the Export button to begin the MBOX file to TXT conversion process
- Now, just wait for a few minutes to let the process complete and click on the OK button
- Eventually, you can access all the email messages that are converted into TXT files.
In this article, we have discussed the MBOX file to TXT Conversion process in detail. For processing this procedure, we have mentioned the professional MBOX to TXT converter. This software will allow you to export the entire MBOX mailbox into a TXT file regardless of its origin. Moreover, it also supports the conversion of no-extension MBOX files, .mbox files, .mbx files and .mbs to .txt format. So, you can avail of its free demo version for a better understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) How can we manually convert MBOX to TXT file format?
A) There is no manual method to export MBOX to Text file format. Therefore, using the MacWareTools software can give the result in a few clicks.
Q) Can I change the file format from *.mbox to *.txt in bulk?
A) Yes. The mentioned tool has the option to add multiple files to the software panel.
Q) Is it possible to use the Thunderbird ImportExportTools to export MBOX to Text format?
A) It only has a few options, with which you can convert MBOX to CSV format, whereas to convert MBOX to TXT the software suggested here is the best approach.