How to Delete All Gmail Emails at Once – Quick Tips & Tricks
Many users have the habit to grow Gmail account too big. This is because they are not habitual of removing unnecessary emails from their Inbox at regular intervals. Those emails which are non-urgent at that point of time tend to grow over a period of time resulting in filling mailbox storage. And once the storage reaches close to 100% mark, then users want to know how to delete all Gmail emails at once.
There are multiple solutions available using which you can mass delete Gmail emails in bulk. This article explains multiple ways that will help you to remove emails under different scenarios like deleting all emails, removing Promotional Gmail emails, etc. It will help you to maintain your Gmail account storage and make the best use of it.
An Overview of Gmail Storage
Gmail offers a large pooled storage allotment to each and every user. This storage is extremely useful for you if used with proper management else it can create issues you are not an expert in using labels and managing them. However, the introduction of Gmail tabs has really helped a lot in categorization of emails.
Google offers 15 GB for free storage to every free Google account which is your total storage. But that storage is shared with all other Google components as well such as Google Drive, Photos, etc.
How to Delete All Gmail Emails at Once – Step by Step Process
If you are using Gmail from a long time now, then you might have surely faced that situation where you want to delete more than 50 emails in Gmail in one go. There are many users who do not remove unnecessary emails from their Inbox when they arrive. It keeps eating up your mailbox storage and can reach up to hundreds or even thousands of emails.
Important Note: If you are planning to delete all your Gmail emails, then there might be chances of losing important email messages. Thus, it is recommended to take backup of Gmail emails with attachments on your system. There is an option of “Delete after Download” in this tool which will make your task quick. You can try the demo version of utility for free.
So, let’s follow the steps mentioned below to mass delete Gmail emails in bulk:
1. Click on this checkbox to select 50 emails that appear on first screen in Gmail inbox folder.
2. Now, to select all the emails stored in your Inbox folder, click on Select all XXXX messages in Inbox. This will help you to select all the emails from Inbox which you received months or years ago.
3. Finally, delete all Gmail emails at once by clicking on the Delete icon available in the bar. But it is advised to check whether you are not deleting your important emails while performing this action. It is recommended to take backup of emails before deleting them permanently.
Many users who are not technically sound don’t know this option to delete emails from Gmail. This checkbox option lets you select all the emails present on the current page. Usually, the default setting of Gmail is 50 messages per page. So, you can either delete 50 emails per page or select all the emails present in Gmail Inbox.
Delete Promotional Emails in Bulk in Gmail
Since Google has introduced predefined tab for categorization of emails, it made the management of emails much easier. All the important emails directly come in Primary Inbox and other Promotional and Social emails go into those tabs automatically. Usually, these emails are not important ones and it is a good place to start from.
• Click on the Promotions tab in the Gmail inbox.
• We will suggest you to first go through the list and unsubscribe to emails if you can. You won’t get emails from that sender again in the future.
• Check if any important emails are not there. If there are any, drag those emails to another tab.
• Enable the empty checkbox to select all the emails in the Promotion tab on the first page.
• Now, click on Select all XXXX messages in Promotions option if you want to delete all Gmail emails at once.
• Hit Delete icon and it will remove all the messages from it.
Nowadays, almost every single user is using a Gmail account either for email communication or as a registration account on multiple websites. Many users use it as a primary account and end up using 100% storage space offered in a free Google account. Thus, many users want to know how to delete all Gmail emails at once. This article will help them to solve their issue in an effortless way.