Gmail Quota Exceeded? Get Verified Solutions
Gmail is one of the most popular email applications and is used by millions of users. The free Google account provides only 15 GB of storage space to its users. So, many users face Gmail quota exceeded issue while working on their email account for few years.
In such situations, you can’t send and receive emails any more due to mailbox storage issues. Hence, we recommend you to take a backup of your Gmail data and store it on Mac system. In this article, you will get a perfect solution to perform this task and save Gmail emails to computer in simple steps.
“User Query: My Google account has reached its 15 GB storage limit. And, I am unable to receive any more emails because of Gmail account is full quota exceeded. I searched for solutions on the web but didn’t get any trusted solution. I am looking to save my online data in my Mac system so that I can delete that data from Gmail account. Can anyone please provide me a secure and quick solution to carry out the process?”
Table of Content
Fix Gmail Storage Quota Exceeded Problem Using Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a solution to archive and export Google data in the zip folder. Users can perform the complete procedure to solve Gmail quota exceeded following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit this URL https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout to open Google Takeout window.
- In the Select data to include section, the tool displays multiple Google services on the user screen.
- Enable the Mail icon and disable all other data items. After that, hit the Next button to proceed when the Gmail mailbox limit exceeds.
- Now, just select the Delivery Method as Send download link via email option.
- Here, you can also select the frequency of downloading data.
- Now, choose the File type and Archive file size.
- Finally, click the Create export button to initiate the process.
Resolve Gmail Quota Exceeded Problem Automatically
The best way to resolve the storage related issues is by downloading EML files from Gmail and storing it on the local system. It will help you to free up the storage so that you can continue Gmail services again without any issue. For this, you can try Gmail Email Backup Software for resolving this issue in just a few clicks.
Moreover, it offers multiple export options to keep your data on your machine. Hence, you can easily export Gmail to PST along with other file formats as necessary. This software provides multiple features as well that makes the whole process hassle-free.
The best thing about this tool is that it is fully compatible with all versions of Mac machines. Hence, you can just operate it either on the latest or earlier Mac operating system.
Step by Step Guide to Operate the Tool on Desktop
Download the mentioned software on your Mac machine to fix Gmail storage quota exceeded issue.
- Login to Gmail by entering your Gmail ID and Password.
- Here, you can select any desired output format to save your data, for example PST.
- You also get the option to apply filters and export only crucial data into the system when the Gmail account has exceeded its quota.
- In this step, you can uncheck the Delete After Download option to remove all messages from the Gmail account.
- At last, click the Start Backup button to fix the said issue and free up the mailbox.
Salient Features of the Automated Utility
- Option to select folders during the process.
- Date filter option saves data within a specified date range.
- Delete Gmail emails after taking out the emails from tool directly.
- It provides facility to select any desired location to save data on your system.
- You also get the option to pause and resume the task if required.
- Provides free demo version of the software to solve Gmail quota exceeded & try this tool and know the procedure.
Why a Professional Solution is Better than Using Manual Method?
We would suggest you choose a professional solution over the manual method when Gmail mailbox quota limit is exceeded. Here are some of the reasons for the same:
- Gmail’s archive can only be saved in the MBOX file format using the described manual method.
- Also, you cannot delete the downloaded data using the above manual steps. Whereas, the tool is helpful by providing features for removing the emails when Gmail quota exceeded.
- Additionally, the manual process takes a long time to complete the task. On the other hand, you get quick solutions by using the suggested tool. Also, the software provides accurate results without affecting the existing data in your Gmail account.
- If the internet connectivity is slow, the manual process may fail and you will have to start the process again. But, there is no such problem in automated professional software as it provides a start and resume option which will resume the process where it has stopped.
- Non-technical users may find this manual process difficult to perform. But, every user irrespective of technical knowledge can easily run the software and prevent the possibility of data loss.
Although, Google offers Google Takeout Tool to help users resolve Gmail Quota Exceeded problem. However, the manual method is quite time taking and can only provide data in the single format. So, we recommend you to try an efficient solution for this purpose. Moreover, users can save their sensitive data in various file formats. As a result, you will be able to preserve emails in any preferred file formats and access your emails on a supportive email application.
Commonly Asked QueriesQ- How do I fix Gmail over quota?
A- If your Gmail mailbox limit exceeds, then the best option is to save the entire mailbox data to the local system and delete data from Gmail storage. This is how you can free up space in your Gmail account.
Q- Does deleting some emails free up space in Gmail?
A- Yes, it will surely free up some space in your Gmail account. But, we recommend you to take the backup of your account before removing emails.
Q- Why is my Gmail account mailbox over quota?
A- This usually happens when you use more storage space than is available on your account. So, if you are facing this kind of issue or you exceed your storage quota, then you will not be able to upload any new files or images to Google Drive. Broadly speaking, you will not be allowed to back up any photos and videos in Google Photos. So, it is better to take precautions to prevent such problem while accessing Google account.
Q- Can I download Gmail emails by date using Backup application?
A- Yes, the utility allows you to take Gmail account backup using date filter option.