Mac Outlook Cannot be Opened Because of a Problem? What to Do Now?
Summary: This blog post describes how to resolve an issue due to which Mac Outlook cannot be opened because of a problem. The blog lists various reasons that could be causing this problem and provides solutions for each of them. In addition to manual methods, the article also provides you with one of the best third-party repair solutions. Read on for more information.
If Microsoft Outlook won’t start, don’t despair. Recovering and using your email client might be easier than you think. The correct solution depends on your situation and the version of the Microsoft Outlook you are using to resolve outlook not opening on Mac. The following article shows you how to fix the problem if Outlook for Mac keeps crashing at startup.
Table of Content
Solutions for Mac Outlook Cannot be Opened Because of a Problem
There are various solutions available for this problem that can be used to solve it. However, some of them are manual solutions to outlook not opening on Mac user query. And here, we will also provide the solution in case the Outlook profile is corrupted in any way. So, you can simply try the following solutions to solve this issue on the desktop.
Solution 1: Ensure that you are Running an Updated Version of Outlook and Mac OS
To update Mac OS version-
- Go to System Preferences and then click the Software Update option.
Steps to Update Mac Outlook
- You need to open your Mac Outlook application on desktop. Navigate to the Help menu and click the Check for Updates option.
- The Auto-Update feature will check for updates. Then, hit the Update button if there are any pending updates. And easy to help in outlook not opening on Mac.
Updated Mac Outlook gives better performance, updated features and might also remove error messages as well.
Solution 2: Disable Add-Ins Present in Outlook for Mac
It is possible that the presence of some add-ins in the Outlook application is stopping its normal functioning. Therefore, Mac Outlook cannot be opened because of a problem. In such cases, it is suggested to disable or remove these plugins and then try to open the application. You also need to make sure that all these plugins are updated to their latest version.
Most of the time, your Mac Outlook should open after trying these solutions. In case, it still is not opening, then try the next solution.
Solution 3: Mac Outlook Cannot be Opened Because of a Problem Try Resolve it
If you are still having problems with Mac Outlook, just check if there is any problem with your configured profile. To do that, you need to create a new profile in your Outlook Profile Manager. After that, set this profile as the default profile and start Microsoft Outlook. If the solution works and your Outlook opens, then the culprit was your old profile due to which Mac Outlook cannot be opened or to resolve outlook not opening on Mac. You can follow below steps.
Sometimes, your old profile gets corrupt, making it impossible for Mac Outlook to access the profile content. This can cause serious problems as you will not be able to open Outlook until the profile is fixed. Hence, to fix corruption issues, it is suggested that you use a third-party tool, Mac Outlook Database Rebuild Utility and export your complete data in the accessible state and easily resolve Mac Outlook cannot be opened because of a problem.
The program is compatible with Mac OS 13.0, 12.0, 11.0, 10.8 versions and below. The tool is very easy to use and is compatible with Mac Outlook 2011, 2016, 2019, 2021, Office LTSC 2021 and Office 365 Outlook.
Working Guide of the Software – Step by Step
Perform the following steps to run this automated tool to fix your “Mac Outlook cannot be opened because of problem”:
- Launch this software on your system and select the Mac Outlook version that you are running.
- Choose the desired output format in which you wish to export your database from given options.
- You can also select the Advance Settings button to customize your export results as per your specific requirements.
- After this, click the Change button to select the destination location on desktop as required.
- Finally, mouse-click the Export button once you have applied all the required settings.
Solution 4: Mac Outlook Cannot be Opened Because of a Problem – Run Commands
The commands and steps listed below will help you disable the preview of the encrypted emails that may be the cause of Outlook freezing.
- Close Outlook for Mac and open Terminal App.
- Enter the command mentioned below and then press Enter.
defaults write com.microsoft.Outlook DisablePreviewForSMIME 1
- Then, execute the following command:
- Finally, quit the Terminal app and restart your machine. Then, launch Mac Outlook again on desktop.
Advanced features for Mac Outlook cannot be opened because of a problem
- Maintain Folder Hierarchy – You can restore Mac Outlook database data in the same folder structure as before the recovery process by using the tool.
- Two filters for data – Use the “From” and “To” options to save data from a specific period. Category-Based Filter – This option allows you to save only a specific category rather than all of them.
- Advanced setting- Export your data into PST format, you will be given the following advanced options: Split PST files, Categories, and date-filter.
- Export as PDF- You can export into PDF file format. Additionally, you can use advanced filters Naming Convention, Categories, Date-Filter, and Create Single PDF.
- Able to recover contacts into VCF and CSV file format and calendar into ICS file format from Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, 2011, or Mac Office 365
The above article describes four ways that will help you to address ‘The Mac Outlook cannot be opened because of a problem’ issue. There could be several reasons that could be causing this problem. So, it is suggested that you try the above solutions and check which one works for you. You can also opt for the third-party tool in case your database has got corrupted. This automated solution ensures a quick and safe repair and recovery of your Outlook data.