How to Read EML Files with Attachments on Mac Computer?
Summary- There are various Windows-based email clients that create EML files such as Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, and others that usually support EML. But on the other hand, if you want to read EML files on Mac with attachments, then there are very few options available. So, if you seeking that option then you are on the right path. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss the best approach on how to read EML files on Mac operating system.
Well, we know that there are various Operating Systems available in the market and many users use more than one OS. But due to file compatibility issue, it becomes really difficult for non-windows users to view EML files on other operating systems.
Techniques to Read EML Files on Mac OS
If you want to know how to read EML files on Mac, then in the upcoming section we are going to discuss three ways to see or read the EML files in Mac OS. The first method is the manual method that requires the Apple Mail application to be there on the system. Secondly, you can use rename the extension of EML file. The third is a professional approach to access all EML files on Mac OS along with attachments.
Well, all approaches have their unique steps their own, so go through all steps carefully.
Manual Way to Open EML Message On Mac Using Apple Mail
It is a well-known fact that Apple Mail is a default email application on Mac OS. So you can open the EML files using Apple Mail. You just have to follow the below steps:
Note: Before using Apple Mail make sure that it is well configured.
- First, open the folder where all the EML files are stored
- Now, choose the EML file that you want to read
- Make a Right Click on the EML file.
- After that, choose Open with the option to and choose Apple Mail
- Once you select Apple Mail to open the EML file the file will open in the Apple Mail reading pane
How to Access Messages on Mac Using Rename Option Manually?
In the second method, one can simply change the .eml extension to read on Mac OS. And to rename the EML file follow the below steps:
- First, open the folder where all EML files are saved
- Now, select the EML file that you want to read and right-click on it
- After that choose the Rename option
- Now change the extension as .mht or MHTML
- Once the file extension is changed double click on the file to open
- The new MHTML file will get opened on the browser
Professional Way to Read EML Files on Mac with Attachments
Well it is true that you can open your EML file through the Apple Mail application that is present in the Mac system. And Renaming extension option but the catch is you will be only able to see the text part.
Hence, in this troublesome situation, you can use the professional method to access EML file with attachments on Mac. For the same, Mac EML to MBOX Converter is one of the best choices for all Mac machines.
This tool will help you to view and convert the EML file into various other file formats, such as PST, PDF, etc. It is best suited to get EML files from Gmail along with all the attachments on your Mac machine.
Moreover, if you are willing to open an EML file on Apple Mail, then you can convert it to MBOX. The tool comes with various naming convention options also gives you the feature of date filter so one can select a file from a particular date. After knowing the best way to read or open EML files on mac let’s see the working steps of the tool.
How to Access Multiple EML Files on Mac Instantly?
Firstly, download and install the EML Converter tool on your any version of Mac machine. After that, follow the steps to read EML files on Mac along with attachments.
- Choose the Add File(s) or Add Folder to add EML or EMLX files
- Once the file is EML file is added now, choose the MBOX radio button from the Select Export Type option
- Select Date Filter or Naming Convention from Advance settings as per your requirements
- Choose the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and choose the destination location
- After all the settings, click on the Export button to initiate the process
Finally, we are now at the end of this blog, here we have discussed all possible techniques on how to read EML files on Mac. Now, you can try the manual method as well to open EML files on Mac machines. But in the case you do not want to take a risk to lose your EML data. Then, you can try the automated way to view EML file and open it along with attachments. So what are you waiting for go and get the demo version of the tool and start the conversation without spending a single penny.