Export Multiple Roundcube Emails using Roundcube Email Backup Wizard
A Brief Introduction to Roundcube
It is a web-based & IMAP-configured email service, that makes the data available at any time through any device. This facility can be utilized by every user. In other words, without internet connectivity, you can’t access your emails. Hence, becomes one of the reasons for Roundcube email backup to access them offline.
Another thing is that the accessibility of data online results in various hacking activities, virus intrusions, ransomware attacks, etc. This is why archiving emails or exporting them becomes important in a user’s life. Also, backup is a good practice & you should always be careful with your important emails.
As discussed earlier, you can choose either a manual approach or an automated approach. In the case of the manual method, you need to do all the steps by yourself. Whereas, the automated approach involves a professional Roundcube email backup wizard through which you can export your emails within a few clicks.
Let’s first understand the manual method and then know how to use the backup tool.
Manual Procedure for Roundcube Email Backup on Mac
Keep in mind that using this manual method, you will not be able to archive your Roundcube webmail emails in bulk. It can export emails one by one from Roundcube webmail, making it quite a tedious process.
Anyway, if you’re certain about going with the manual method, then you can implement these given steps for the backup.
1. First and foremost, log in to your Roundcube account on your Mac machine.
2. Now, select any email from the Roundcube webmail mailbox to archive.
3. After opening the email, to export, you have to click on the More button available in the right corner.
4. Now, click on the Export option from the drop-down list and an EML file will be downloaded.
This way, you can back up Roundcube emails but one at a time. So, this method is suitable for those who want to export a few emails only.
Let’s see how we can download bulk messages in one go.
How to Export all Rouncube Emails in Bulk?
For backing up multiple messages at a time, you can use the reliable and professionally tested IMAP Email Backup Tool for Mac. This software is enough for a bulk process on its own, as it can work alone to back up Roundcube emails with attachments.
Using this Mac-based tool, you can export the data in any file format like PST, PDF, EMLX, MSG, MBOX, HTML, TXT, etc. If there is a storage issue in your mailbox, you can also remove the data automatically from the Roundcube mailbox by activating the Delete after Download feature.
Moreover, availing of the Incremental Backup option in the second round (for later) can help you avoid downloading the already saved emails of the first backup.
Steps for Roundcube Backup All Emails on Mac OS
First of all, download the software on your Mac machine of any version to initiate. Then, follow the guide to take a backup of RoundCube webmail emails in bulk-
- Step 1. Once you launch the tool, you will be asked to choose your domain. Here, select the Other option & enter the credentials. Provide the details from IMAP Server & Port No. to start the export/backup process.
- Step 2. Here, you can choose the export format (we are going for PST). So, click on the Advance Settings option to apply additional settings.
- Step 3. After that, mark the Split PST Option and enter the maximum size of the file after which it will start dividing. Then, set the dates for a customized Rouncube email backup to fetch & export the data falling under the dates in Date-Filter.
- Step 4. Now, for a maintained Roundcube email backup, the Maintain Folder Hierarchy feature is enabled by default. You can mark the Delete after Download option & choose the destination in the Change field.
- Step 5. Lastly, end the operation by clicking on the Start Backup button. The software will immediately begin the backing up all selected email along with attachments on Mac desktop.
Top Features of the Mac Roundcube Backup Wizard
- In case, if you choose other formats like EMLX, HTML, EML, etc. you will be able to rename the end results according to different patterns. The Naming Convention feature will allow you to choose patterns like Subject + Date, From + Subject + Date, etc. after Roundcube email backup.
- About splitting the large files via Split Option, you can set the size in GB or MB & the tool will start to divide those files that extend the size and export.
- Moreover, this Roundcube Backup Wizard is available for all the earlier & latest editions of Mac OS i.e. Mac OS 10.8 to Mac OS 12.0.
- Also, you can even apply additional features or free up the space of the Roundcube webmail mailbox by using the Delete After Download option.
Q- What is the quickest way for Roundcube to export all emails?
Following is the easiest and quickest way to export emails from Rouncube.
- Step 1. Download the Roundcube Backup tool and Sign in.
- Step 2. Choose the export File type.
- Step 3. Apply advanced settings if required.
- Step 4. Select the destination path and Start the backup process.
Q- Why back up Roundcube emails automatically?
Automating the entire backup process using the Roundcube backup wizard will not only save you time but also ensure all your data is safely backed up in the desired location.
Q- How does Roundcube email backup help in data security?
When you backup emails, you save an offline copy of your sensitive emails in a secure place. In this way, you protect your data from probable security threats.
Q- How frequently I should take a backup of Roundcube emails?
Experts suggest that backup should be a regular process and Roundcube is no exception. Thus, it is recommended to take Roundcube backup daily to safely keep important emails.
Why Take Roundcube Email Backup to Local Hard Drive?
There are ‘n’ several reasons why you should keep a copy of all your emails from Roundcube webmail. Here are a few of the reasons:
- As you know Roundcube is a webmail service that is hosted on the server. So, there is always a fear of losing data due to server issues or outages. Thus, having a backup of Roundcube emails could help you prevent data loss.
- Suppose for some reason you decided to switch to a different email client. So, if you take Roundcube email backup regularly then it’ll be helpful in a smooth email migration.
- If you have all your Roundcube emails backed up to a local hard drive or computer then you can easily access them without the internet. That means offline access can be made in case of emergency.
- Day by day online breaches are exceeding especially email breaches. So, from the security and privacy point of view, it’s always a good practice to back up Rouncube emails.
So, this article represents different methods to back up & save it locally on a Mac machine. Using the aforementioned Roundcube email backup wizard, it becomes so much easier to export or back up all the data from the mailbox in a single shot. Along with that, it is easy for Roundcube email backup in various formats to access other platforms as well. Hence, it is a sure-shot method for every Mac user with different needs.