Download G Suite Emails Using Free Methods on Mac Desktop
However, there are plenty of benefits of the G Suite account that gives you the authority to work with multiple features. G Suite, Google Apps, or can say Google Workspace is more flexible while working or managing emails on a day-to-day basis. Though, it provides you with more data storage and enhances security. But, even after providing better security, it is better to download G Suite emails to the computer. After all, taking action before any mishap is way better than being sorry.
However, there are a few methods through which you can learn how to save G Suite emails to your Mac desktop safely. But for a better way, you can even take a help of a professional solution.
Now, let’s just know all the ways that can help to download emails from Google Workspace.
Best Techniques to Save G Suite Emails
To know how to download Google Workspace emails to a Mac desktop, you can take the help of any of these methods-
- Google Takeout to Download G Suite All Emails
- Professional Solution to Save G Suite Email
- Download Google Workspace Emails Using Data Export Tool
Why Do Users Need to Download G Suite Emails to PC?
In this section, we will explain the following reasons that justify why it is necessary to download G Suite emails to locally.
- Retain important data safe from cyberattacks.
- If someone is leaving the company and her/his mailbox data is crucial
- Mistakenly deletion of data
- If a Google server outage, downloaded Google Workspace emails can actually helpful
- You can access your data on some other device or platform
How to Download Google Workspace Email to Computer via Google Takeout?
When it comes to Google Takeout, it means an online service that is provided by Google itself to download required data from the mailbox. To get all the emails from the G Suite account, you can take a help of Google Takeout, and follow the steps-
- You need to log in to the https://takeout.google.com URL with the help of G Suite administrator credentials.
- By default, it will select all the available applications of the particular account, so here, you can select only the Emails option.
- After the selection, tap the Next Stop option.
- Now, you need to select the delivery method. Then, choose any option in the delivery method where you want to receive the downloaded file.
- After selecting a delivery method, select a frequency and choose how often you’d like to download google workspace emails.
- Once you are done with the frequency selection, just choose the file size and file type accordingly.
- Following that, mouse-click on the Create Export button.
- After performing these steps, you’ll receive an email from Takeout with a link to the archived files. From the email, choose the Download Archive to start downloading Google Workspace data. As a result, the data will move from the Google servers to the Download folder on the Mac laptop.
How to Download G Suite Emails by Using Professional Solutions?
When it comes to downloading all the emails from Google Workspace without any limitations, then only a direct solution fits well. So, for that, the MacWareTools Google Workspace Backup Software for Mac is the best way. By using this solution you can not get G Suite email but also get other data that you need.
Simple Steps to Save G Suite Emails
- Step 1: Run the tool on Mac OS
- Step 2: Mark the export kind and apply multiple filters
- Step 3: Hit on browse for the destination location of the end file
- Step 4: Complete the procedure by hitting on the start backup button
Furthermore, it is an advanced solution that provides multiple features to customize the process while downloading. However, it even allows you to export G Suite emails to PST, PDF, HTML, MBOX, EML, and more. So, you can choose any file format as per your requirement and then save the resultant file on your Mac machine. The best thing about this software is that it will not affect any existing data in the mailbox. Therefore, you will get the entire G Suite mailbox as it was before the first download.
If you have upgraded to your Mac machine and are using a newer version recently, you can operate this tool there as well. As it is the only standalone software that can work efficiently on all latest and older versions of Mac machines.
Guide to Download Google Workspace Emails on Mac Desktop Instantly
First of all, download the tool on your Mac machine, and then follow the steps to take out emails from the G Suite-
- Enter your active Google Workspace / G Suite credentials, and tap Login on the initial screen.
- Then, from the next window, choose any option given in the export section to download G Suite emails to computer.
- In this step, click on Advance Settings and apply the required settings as necessary.
- Now, you can choose any location path on your Mac desktop to store the exported file by tapping on the Change button.
- Mouse-click the Start Backup option from below to instantly download bulk G Suite emails with attachments on a Mac computer.
Use Data Export Tool to Take Out G Suite Emails
- To use this method, firstly, sign in to your G Suite admin account
- Navigate to the G Suite Admin Console and click the arrow (<) button
- Here, choose the Tools option and click on Data Export
- Now, click the Start Export button to download G Suite emails on a Mac machine
- After a week, you will receive an email with the download link to get selected Google Workspace emails.
- Once you get it, just open the email and download them easily on your Mac desktop.
Advantages of the Tool Over Manual Methods
This software is very helpful and it is better to choose over manual methods because-
- Once you download G Suite emails on a Mac computer, the tool lets you automatically delete emails after downloading from the server to free up space.
- In addition, it allows you to download only new emails from your Google Workspace account to prevent duplicates via the Incremental Backup option.
- Never hampers the folder hierarchy before or after downloading G Suite mailbox emails to a computer hard drive.
- Also, the data export tool takes about 72 hours or so to download the Google Workspace email to the desktop. In fact, it doesn’t even export the freshly added email data from the mailbox. On the other hand, this professional tool will download bulk emails and attachments from G Suite mailbox instantly.
- In the case of Google Takeout, it also takes a long time to download emails from G Suite when the mailbox is very large.
- Likewise, the professional tool can work on the latest and earlier versions of Mac OS, including Mac OS X 12.0 (Monterey), Mac OS X 11.0 (Big Sur), Mac OS X 10.8, and below.
Whenever it comes to some important data it is better to have a backup locally stored on the system. Therefore, in this article, we have discussed the same scenario. Though, we have mainly shared methods on how to download G Suite emails on a Mac desktop here. So, you can download all your emails from Google Workspace using free and professional methods. But, make sure to compare them with each other and go for the best solution that suits the need. However, we would suggest you go with professional automated software to instantly download emails with attachments locally from G Suite mailbox.
Some Questions Asked by Users
Que 1. Who can start the data export tool in Google Workspace?
Ans. Because of safety control, only the supper admin of the Google Workspace account which is generated 30 days in advance of the request can only start the exportation. To start the exportation the Google Apps account should enable the 2-step verification and have 1000 or fewer user accounts.
Q 2. Can I know in which file format Google Takeout downloads the Google Workspace Data?
Ans. Zip and TGZ file formats Google Takeout or takeaway download all G Suite data.
Q 3. Is there any way to download Google Workspace emails to PST file format?
Ans. Yes, by using the above-mentioned software users can download G Suite emails into PST file formats. The best part about this tool is it supports to multiple file formats.