How to Export Gmail Emails to Mac Outlook In Few Simple Steps?
Summary: The Internet has now become a need of the hour. However, its availability cannot be sure every time. Therefore, it is important to have the data in a format for which you do not require internet connectivity. So, here we have come up with a solution to export Gmail emails to Mac Outlook on Mac Operating machine in simple steps.
Well, in such scenarios, creating a local copy of your Gmail database on the local system is the best option. After that, you can access your required emails even if you are not connected with the internet.
Apart from this, sometimes Gmail Mail is slow and takes much time to compose a new email while Outlook for Mac responds quickly. However, there are several users who do not know how to export emails from Gmail to Mac Outlook. In this post, we are going to focus on the same issue and its solutions.
Top Strategies For Exporting Gmail to Outlook for Mac
There are two top techniques that you can use for exporting required Gmail emails into Mac Outlook –
How to Export Gmail Emails to Mac Outlook Instantly?
The simplest method for achieving this goal is by using a professionally tested application. Here, we are describing one for exporting the entire Gmail account to Outlook for Mac-
Mac Gmail Mail Backup Tool is one of the best solutions to create a local copy of emails from a single Gmail account on Mac OS X even without any trouble. Moreover, this advanced utility allows you all to execute the task more precisely and efficiently as it enables you to export emails from selective folders.
With the help of its Date Filter option, you can just take out the data of a particular date range. Along with these, it allows you to archive your emails from Gmail in PST file format and later this PST file can be imported in Mac Outlook. Also, one can free up the server space after they are successfully able to export emails from Gmail account to Mac Outlook with its Delete After Download facility. The best thing about this software is that it allows you to view Gmail emails in Outlook without any hurdle.
Note: Only free Gmail accounts can be backed up using this software. In addition, it does not save your credentials.
Step by Step Guide to Perform the Export Process Directly
First of all, download and install the utility, follow the given steps to export emails from Gmail account to Outlook for Mac
1. Launch the tool on your Mac PC and enter the Gmail login credentials > Login
2. Secondly, choose the PST file option form email format to export.
4. In this step, select the destination path where you want to keep the exported file.
5. At last, mouse-click on the Start button to begin the export process.
Highlighted Key Features of the Automated Utility
Using this software, you will be able to know how to export Gmail to Mac Outlook easily. Moreover, it provides you different features, so, let’s know about it-
- This tool is best way to export Gmail emails along with their attached files to your Outlook for Mac.
- Likewise, it is available for both Windows and Mac operating system. So, you can use this automated program on latest or new version of any OS.
- If you want to take out the just specific folders then it allows you to export Gmail emails to Mac Outlook on selective basis.
- Also, there is an option as Naming Convention which allows you apply the different naming patterns.
- Additionally, once you’re done with the export process, you can even delete all the emails from the Gmail account.
- Not just that, but there is an Pause and Resume option if somehow your exporting emails of Gmail process stuck in between.
How to Export Emails from Gmail to Mac Outlook Manually?
- Open your Gmail web client and click on the Settings menu
- In Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, select Enable IMAP
- Hit Save Changes button
- Now, open Outlook for Mac application and click on the Tools tab. Select Accounts…
- Click on the “+” button and choose Other Email option (or Email.. in Outlook 2011)
- Type your email address and Password, in the respective fields
- Type the username in the User name field
- Enter the following information for your server settings to export Gmail emails to Mac Outlook:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com
- Make sure Use SSL to Connect box is checked for each server
- Click Add Account
- Your account will be configured now and emails will start syncing
- Some users may need to change the app security settings while using a non-google or android email program. For this, sign in to your Gmail account and click Google Apps >> My Account In Sign-in & Security section, choose Connected apps & sites
- Scroll down the screen until you get the Allow less secure apps option and turn it on. After this, Mac Outlook will save all your Gmail emails locally in OLM file format. As a result, you can access them even in the absence of internet connection.
Gmail Mail is the best platform for email communication and it is also the least expensive. However, it does not store its database on the local machine. Hence, you cannot access your emails without WiFi or internet connectivity. Due to all such reasons, the need to export Gmail emails to Mac Outlook occurs. Here, we have disclosed some simple manual and automatic workarounds on how to export emails from Gmail to Outlook for Mac. Now, users can opt for any method as per their preferences and available time.