Learn How to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016
Summary: The Internet has now become the need of the hour. However, its availability cannot be ensured every time. Therefore, it is important to have the data in a format to access which you do not require any Internet connectivity. So, here we have come up with a solution to export Gmail emails to Outlook on the desktop in simple steps.
Well, in such scenarios, creating a local copy of your Gmail database on the local system is the best option. After that, you can access your required emails even if you are not connected with the Internet.
Apart from this, sometimes, Gmail is slow and takes much time to compose a new email while Outlook for Mac responds quickly. However, there are several users who do not know how to export emails from Gmail to Outlook. In this post, we are going to focus on the same issue and its solutions.
Table of Content
Top Reasons to Leave Gmail and Choose Outlook
There are practically many reasons when most of the organizations, individuals, enterprises decide to export Gmail emails to Outlook application, such as-
- The first and foremost reason may be the inability to access the Gmail account. However, this can happen for different reasons.
- Sometimes, bugs while using Gmail also become the reason to switch from it.
- Also, there may be a legacy mailbox that was not in use for a particular period of time but contains important data.
- Furthermore, most organizations prefer to use the Outlook application over the Gmail email service because of its wider users.
- Similarly, there are many Microsoft Outlook features that Gmail lacks when it comes to managing user data.
In fact the list of reasons is very long and it varies from user to user. But, let’s focus on the topic of how to make this work smoothly.
How to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook Instantly?
The simplest method for achieving this goal is by using a professionally tested application. Here, we are describing one for transferring the entire Gmail account to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, & below versions.
Mac Gmail Mail Backup Tool is one of the best solutions to create a local copy of emails from a single Gmail account on Mac OS X without any trouble. Moreover, this advanced utility allows you to execute the task more precisely and efficiently as it enables you to export emails from selective folders.
With the help of its Date Filter option, you can just take out the data of a particular date range. Along with this, it allows you to export your emails from Gmail in PST file format. Later, this file can be imported in Microsoft Outlook or Outlook for Mac.
Also, one can free up the server space after they are successfully able to transfer emails from Gmail to Outlook with its Delete After Download facility. The best thing about this software is that it allows you to complete the export task without any hurdle or data modification.
Step by Step Guide of Tool to Export Gmail to Outlook
First of all, download and install the utility on Mac OS. Follow the given steps to export emails from Gmail to Outlook:
- Launch the tool on your PC and enter the Gmail login credentials > Login.
- Secondly, choose the PSTfile option from the email format to export the data in the same format.
- Just after this, you can apply the filters for the Gmail emails as per your requirements.
- In this step, select the destination path on your desktop where you want to keep the exported file.
- At last, mouse-click on the Start Backup button to begin the export process of the Gmail mail emails in order to import into MS Outlook.
As of now, you have the file in the Outlook supported format, so you can simply import it on Windows Outlook or Outlook for Mac:
- On your computer, open Outlook for Mac application first.
- Go to the File option from the initial screen. Once it opens, select Import.
- Now, from the Import wizard, just check the Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) option.
- Locate the folder on the location where you have stored the exported file on your system containing Gmail messages >> Import.
- Once the import is completed, click Done. You can access all data on the navigation pane under On My Computer.
Highlighted Key Features of the Automated Utility
Using this software, you will be able to know how to export Gmail to Outlook easily. Moreover, it provides you the following features:
- Likewise, it is available for both Windows and Mac operating system. So, you can use this automated program on the latest or new version of any OS.
- If you want to take out just specific folders then it even allows you to download Gmail emails to computer on a selective basis. Then, you can simply import this file of selected emails in any Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 or below version.
- This tool is the best way to export Gmail emails to Outlook application along with their attached files.
- Also, there is an option as Naming Convention which allows you to apply different naming patterns.
- Additionally, once you are done with the export process, you can even delete all the emails from the Gmail account.
- Not just that, there is a Pause and Resume option that allows you to stop and restart the process.
How to Import Emails from Gmail to Outlook Manually?
- Open your Gmail web client and click on the Settings Gear > See All Settings menu.
- In Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, select Enable IMAP.
- Hit the Save Changes button.
- Now, open Outlook for Mac application and click on the Tools Select Accounts.
- Click on the “+”button and choose Other Email option (or Email.. in Outlook 2011).
- Type your email address and Password in the respective fields.
- Type the username in the User name field.
- Enter the following information for your server settings to export Gmail emails to Outlook:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming server: gmail.com
- Outgoing server: gmail.com
- Make sure Use SSL to Connect box is checked for each server.
- Click Add Account.
- Your account will be configured now and emails will start syncing.
- Some users may need to change the app security settings while using a non-google or android email program. For this, sign in to your Gmail account and click Google Apps>> My Account In Sign-in & Security section. Choose Connected apps & sites.
- Scroll down the screen until you get the Allow less secure apps option and turn it on. After this, Mac Outlook will save all your Gmail emails locally in the OLM file format. As a result, you can access them even in the absence of an Internet connection.
Gmail Mail is the best platform for email communication and it is also the least expensive. However, it does not store its database on the local machine. Hence, you cannot access your emails without WiFi or Internet connectivity. Due to all such reasons, the need to export Gmail emails to Outlook occurs. Here, we have disclosed some simple manual and automatic workarounds on how to transfer emails from Gmail to Outlook. Users can opt for any method as per their preferences and available time.
Q- What if my when my Gmail mailbox storage is full?
Answer- If this situation occurs, you can’t create or upload files to Google Drive, and you can’t even send or receive new email. Or you will need to buy more storage to work smoothly. But, it is better to import emails from Gmail to Outlook, as Outlook provides more space than Gmail.
Q- How do I transfer my Gmail account emails to Outlook 2021?
- For a secure task, download the software on PC.
- Login with your active Gmail account.
- Select the Outlook supported file format.
- Choose any additional features to filter the export task.
- Hit the Start Backup option to begin the export task.
- Then, lastly import the file into Outlook 2021 2019, 2016 or any version.
Q- Which version of Outlook will work with Gmail when using the manual method?
Answer- You can use Outlook 2016 (retail), 2019, 2021, and 365 with Gmail when less secure apps are disabled. By doing this, you can easily connect Gmail accounts (using IMAP) to any Outlook application.
Q- Why do most organizations prefer to use Outlook instead of Gmail?
Answer- For many individual users, Gmail has become the most popular email service, but almost every business/organization is still attracted to Outlook because of its seamless integration with Microsoft’s Office applications.