Learn How to Open EML File in Gmail Instantly
Various email clients support EML file formats such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, etc. Today, we are going to understand how to open EML file in Gmail so that you can access these files in various email clients of your choice. First, let’s understand what an EML file is and what it stores.
EML is the acronym for an email file. It is a single message file that contains the entire message, attachments, email addresses, and header info of an email. These files can later be imported to almost all the email clients from the hard drive.
Here, we will understand the methods to store these files on your local computer in two easy ways. Let’s find out how.
Table of Content
Manual Method to Download EML File from Gmail
There is only one manual way by which you can export Gmail emails to EML files to your local computer. We are going to explain the steps to do the same in the following segment.
Warning: This solution will download the messages one-by-one. If you want to export emails in bulk, you should go for an instant solution without any issues.
Follow the given instructions:
- Open a Web browser and log in with your Gmail account on your respective machine.
- Go to the email message you want to download and click on it to open the message to solve how to open EML file in Gmail.
- After this, click on the Three Vertical Dots and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Choose the Download Message option from there and a window will appear to download the message on your Mac machine.
5. Finally, just select the desired location for your email message and click the Save option.
Your message will be saved in the desired location. Repeat this process for other messages as well and that’s how to save EML file from Gmail issue will be solved out. However, there are a few limitations of using this method to export EML from Gmail as explained in the next section.
Demerits of Using Manual Method
As simple as this method is, it is equally tiring and time-consuming. Why? There is one major drawback due to which it causes a lot of trouble to users. As we have mentioned, you can easily understand that this method can only download one Gmail email as EML at a time.
For downloading multiple email messages, you have to go through this process again and again. This makes the task a little more time-consuming and performing the same procedure for every email also becomes annoying. Let’s not forget that exporting messages one by one makes it a lengthy process.
To avoid this, you can go for a smart solution that is explained below. Learn what it offers and how it will give you a better experience than the manual method.
How to Open EML File in Gmail in Bulk? Alternative Way
The only way to export multiple Gmail emails to EML files on your local device is by using the best Gmail Email Backup Tool. This method allows you to secure data from your Gmail account easily. You read it right, you can download EML files format from Gmail in bulk at your desired location.
This tool makes sure that the data integrity of all your Gmail data is kept intact. Moreover, all the emails from the folders like Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, etc., can be exported locally. So, with the help of this tool, you can export Gmail emails to computer in EML file format with the same folder hierarchy.
There are various features offered by the software that we will be discussing here followed by the working steps of the tool to solve how to open EML file in Gmail.
Multiple Advantages of the Automated Utility
Take a look at the benefits of using this wizard to solve how to save EML file from Gmail:
- This software is even able to export attachments along with emails.
- Moreover, there are multiple file formats that this tool provides, like apart from EML, you can export Gmail to PST and other file formats as well.
- Preserves the data integrity and folder hierarchy during the process.
- Use the Date-Filter to get an EML file from a Gmail account for a specific time duration.
- Using this software, you can easily choose certain emails from selective Gmail mailbox folders.
- Moreover, this automated software provides the option to Pause or Resume the process on a Mac machine.
- Delete after download EML file from Gmail feature to regain the storage space of your Gmail account.
- Above everything, this tool is available in Mac OS 12.0, 11.0, 10.8, and below versions.
These above-mentioned points are the key features of this software that allow an easy and effective exporting procedure to solve how to open EML file in Gmail. Another benefit of using this tool is that it downloads the data to users’ local storage so that you will always have a copy of your data in case of any mishap.
How to Save EML File From Gmail Using the Wizard? Steps
Run and Install the software on your Mac machine first. Go through the following order of steps to download the EML files from your Gmail account on your Mac machine.
- From the welcome screen, enter the Gmail account credentials to sign in. Hit the Login button.
- After that, choose the EML option as your export type for the result.
- Select the Apply Filters option and set the category as well as date filters according to your needs and convenience.
- Press the Delete after Download option to regain the space on your server and hit Yes when prompted with a warning.
- To save the file securely on your Mac machine hit the Change button and decide on any Destination Path.
- Finally, hit Start Backup to initiate the procedure for exporting your bulk Gmail emails into EML files.
Once the process begins, there is a Pause option in case you want to pause the process in between due to any reason and resume it.
This article explains the instant solution of how to open EML file in Gmail in bulk mode along with attachments. This is the best-rated solution that is even recommended by experts to get your EML files in batches. The simple and self-explanatory interface of the tool allows both technical and non-technical users to operate it without any problem.
If you want to use the free solution for a few emails only, you can go for the manual method. However, it allows you to export only one EML file at a time. As a result, it takes up a lot of your precious time. Hence, choose the method according to your needs.