How to Get EML File from Gmail on Mac OS? Learn the Steps Easily
There are various email clients that support EML files format such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, etc. Today, we are going to understand how to get EML file from Gmail so that users can access the files in various email clients of their choice. First, let’s understand what an EML file is and what does it store.
EML file, an acronym for Email file, is a single message file that contains the entire message, attachments, email addresses, and header info of an email. These files can later be imported to almost all the email clients from the hard drive.
Here, we will understand the methods to get these files stored on local data in 2 easy ways. Let’s find out how.
Manual Method to Get EML File from Gmail
There is only one way by which you can download a file from Gmail to your local computer in .eml format. We are going to explain the steps to do the same in the following segment.
Warning: This solution will download the messages one-by-one. If you want to save emails in bulk, you should go for the instant solution that can help you with bulk exportation of emails without any hindrances.
Follow the given instructions:
1. Open a web browse and log in to your Gmail account.
2. Go to the email message you want to save and click on it to open the message.
3. Click on the Three Vertical Dots and a drop-down menu will appear.
4. Choose Download Message option from there and a window will appear to save the message.
5. Select the desired location for your email message and click on the Save option.
Your message will be saved on the desired location. Repeat this process to save other emails as well. There are a few limitations of using this method to get EML files from Gmail as explained in the next section.
Demerits of Using Manual Method to Save the Messages
As simple as this method is, it is equally tiring and time-taking. Why? There is one major drawback due to which it causes a lot of trouble to the users. As we have mentioned, you can easily understand that this method can only save one email as EML at a time.
For downloading multiple email messages, you have to go though this process again and again. This makes the task a little more time-taking and performing the same procedure for every email also becomes annoying. Let’s not forget, as easy it is, download messages one-by-one makes it a lengthy process.
To avoid this, you can go for a smart solution that is explained below. Learn what it offers and how it works for a better experience than at manual method.
Intelligent Answer on How to Get EML File from Gmail
The only way to gather multiple EML files on your local device is by using the Mac Gmail Backup Tool that allows users to save their data from Gmail account easily. You save emails in bulk and on your desired location in EML format. Also, make sure that the data integrity is kept intact with the help of this tool. Moreover, all the emails from the folders like Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, etc. can be saved locally.
There are various features offered by the software that we will be discussing here followed by the working steps of the tool. Take a look at the benefits of using this wizard to get EML file from Gmail as explained here:
- Choose to download certain emails from selective folders
- Offers the feature to download attachments along with the emails
- Preserves the data integrity and folder hierarchy during the exportation process
- Use the Date-Filter to save emails from a specific time-duration
- Option to Pause or Resume the process are offered
- Delete after download feature to regain the storage space
- The tool is available in Mac OS 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, and above versions
These mentioned above are the key features of this software that allow an easy and effective export procedure. Another benefit of using this tool is that it downloads the data to users’ local storage so that they always have a backup of their data in case any mis-happening takes place on their account.
How to Get EML Files from Gmail Using the Wizard?
Go through the following order of steps to save the email messages:
1. Run and Install the software on your Mac machine and enter the credentials for your Gmail account to sign in. Hit Login button.
2. Choose EML as your export type and click on the Browse button to choose a destination path for the end result.
3. Select the Apply Filters option and set the category as well as date filters according to your needs and convenience.
4. Press the Delete after Download option to regain the space on your server and hit Yes when prompted with a warning.
5. Finally, hit Start to initiate the procedure for taking a backup of your data.
Once the process is started, there is a Pause option in case users want to pause the process in between due to any reason and resume it back.
In order to learn how to get EML file from Gmail and in bulk, users should use the software that has been mentioned above. This method has been considered the best one so far even by the tech experts saying that this is an easy-to-use solution. None of the users; technical or non-technical, will have any problem using this tool.
If you want to use the free solution for a few emails only, you can go for the manual method but it will save the emails one-by-one. It takes up a lot of the precious time of the users which is not what you might want. Choose the method according to your needs and get your emails saved on your desired location.