How to Download Gmail Emails to Hard Drive in Bulk?
Having a copy of your data is extremely important nowadays, whether your data consists of important email messages, Doc files, or PDF files. Your data is always at risk if it is stored on someone else’s server. Thus, in this article, we will be discussing the tips and tell you how to save Gmail emails to computer. So that, you always have a safe copy of your crucial emails and other data on PC.
User Query: “Hi! I am using Gmail for email communication since 2010 and recently I checked that I am out of storage space and I cannot send or receive emails anymore. I am thinking to save Gmail emails to desktop in bulk and free up my cloud storage space. Can anyone please tell me how can I do this? Thanks in Advance!”
5 Quick Steps to Download Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
- Step 1. Download & Run tool
- Step 2. Login with Credentials
- Step 3. Choose Export Options
- Step 4. Use Folder & Date Filter
- Step 5. Click on Start Backup Button
There are basically two ways for how to save Gmail to desktop folder. First, we will discuss a quick and reliable way to download bulk messages in just a few clicks. After that, we will also mention a manual method that is offered by Google. However, it takes a lot of time depending on the size of the Gmail data.
How to Save Gmail Emails to Computer Folders in Bulk?
If you want to overcome the limitations of the manual procedure and look for a reliable solution, then you should go for the automated solution. Using this Gmail Email Backup Tool for Mac, you can easily save email to desktop from Gmail in bulk with their all the attachments in no time.
Additionally, you get options to download their data in different file formats on PC. So that, you can access those emails in any of the desired email clients later. The additional features of the application make the complete process effortless and hassle-free. There is a feature of “Delete after Download” which is very helpful for those who want to delete Gmail emails in bulk after download Gmail emails to Hard drive.
Steps to Download Gmail Emails in Bulk
Download the software to know the working procedure to download Gmail emails to PC, follow the steps-
- Run this software on your Mac computer and enter Gmail credentials to authenticate
- Then, choose the email format in which you are looking to download your data, apply advance Settings
- After that, the tool provides various filter options (Date-Filter and Selective folders) to apply
- Now, to save it on any location of PC, just tap on the Change button and locate the path
- At last, hit the Start Backup button and the software will start save Gmail to desktop folder process.
How Do You Save Gmail Emails to Computer Manually?
Many users are not aware that Google offers a functionality to save users’ account data of multiple Google services / products. Users can use Google Takeout and get all their data in the form of archive data. But it has some associated challenges and limitations with it.
This method is not at all recommended by experts if a user has a large number of emails and other data stored in their Google account. Thus, users should opt for this method only if they have only a few numbers of emails stored in the email account.
Follow the steps and know how to download Gmail folder to desktop:
1. Log in to your Google Account and click on the profile icon in the top-right corner. Now, click on Google Account
2. Select Data & Privacy option from the left panel of the same account
3. Now, scroll down and choose Download your data option from the section
4. It will open Google Takeout or you can simply go to the https://takeout.google.com/, it selects all options by default
5. Now, select the Mail option only from the list and press the Next Step button to proceed further
6. Select the Frequency, and Delivery Method option through which the Google Team will send you the download link of your data
7. Here, select the file size and file type of the data you are downloading on PC
8. Finally, hit the Create Export option to move further with the process to get all the emails from Gmail mailbox to desktop
9. Now, the creation process will start, though it might take hours depending on the size of your Gmail mailbox data.
10. You will receive a link from which you can download the archive file. After saving the file on your hard drive, you can extract the MBOX file containing all emails.
Limitations Associated with Manual Method
There are some drawbacks associated with this “how to save Gmail on desktop” manual procedure. Go through the following section and know about them:
- It is a time-consuming process to download Gmail emails to hard drive and requires so much patience. Even many users don’t have much time, so they prefer to switch to a quick solution.
- The resultant file only gets saved in MBOX format. So, you need to download another application to access emails in it.
- Moreover, if the Internet connection breaks in between the process, then the users might have to start the entire task again.
- Also, if your Google account size is exceeded, then you have to delete emails individually which can take a lot of time.
Some Reviews By the Users for Software
- I was looking for a solution to save Gmail emails to computer but failed to find a reliable one. After doing some research and reviewing app reviews on different sites, I got this best rated software. This is the perfect solution I was looking to download Gmail emails in bulk.
- Due to the wide range of features, I opted for this software to save emails from Gmail to hard drive. My favorite feature of this tool is that it allows to filter my Gmail emails according to date. This helped me to download only required emails to my system.
- Currently, there are many utilities that can be used to download Gmail emails to hard drive. However, I liked this utility more than other available solutions due to its wide range of features and easy functionality.
After getting a lot of user queries i.e. how to save Gmail emails to computer? In this article, we have shared both manual as well as automated solutions. These approaches are quite easy to take Gmail emails on your desktop. Moreover, we have also discussed the limitations of the manual procedure and the benefits of using the tool. So, you can go through this article and select the method which suits you the most to download Gmail folder to desktop.