How to Download Multiple Emails from Gmail to Computer?
Having a copy of your data is extremely important nowadays, whether it consists of important email messages, Doc files, or PDF files. Your data is always at risk if it is stored on someone else’s server. Thus, in this article, we will be discussing some tips on how to download Gmail emails to computer in bulk so that you always have a safe copy of your crucial emails and other data on your PC.
There are basically two ways to save Gmail to desktop folder. First, we will discuss a quick and reliable way to download bulk messages in just a few clicks. After that, we will also mention a manual method that is offered by Google. However, the manual method takes a lot of time depending on the size of your Gmail data.
Table of Content
How to Download Gmail Emails to Computer Folders in Bulk?
If you want to overcome the limitations of the manual procedure and are looking for a reliable solution, then you should go for the automated solution. Using this Gmail Email Backup Tool for Mac, you can easily save Gmail emails to hard drive in bulk with all the attachments in no time.
This automated tool comes with various unique features. It provides you options to download your email data in different file formats so that you can access your emails in multiple email clients. The Delete after Download feature is very helpful for those who want to delete Gmail emails in bulk after downloading the emails to the desktop. These and many other features of the application make the complete process entirely effortless and hassle-free.
Tool Steps to Save Gmail Emails to Desktop with Attachments
Download the software on Mac PC to know the working procedure to download Gmail emails to computer, and follow these steps:
- Run this software on your Mac computer and enter Gmail credentials to authenticate.
- Then, choose the email format in which you wish to download your data, and click Advance Settings.
- After that, the tool provides various filter options (Date-Filter and Selective folders). You can apply filters as per your requirements.
- Now, to save it on any location of PC, just tap the Change button and browse the path on computer.
- At last, hit the Start Backup button and the software will start save Gmail to desktop folder process.
How Do You Save Gmail Emails to Computer Manually?
Many users are not aware that Google offers a functionality to save users’ account data of multiple Google services / products. Users can use Google Takeout and get all their data in the form of archive data. But it has some challenges and limitations associated with it.
This method is not at all recommended by experts if a user has a large number of emails and other data stored in their Google account. Thus, users should opt for this method only if they have only a few numbers of emails stored in their email account.
Follow the steps to know how to download Gmail folders to desktop:
- Log in to your Google Account and click on the profile icon at the top-right corner. Now, click on Google Account.
2. Select the Data & Privacy option from the left panel of the same account.
3. Now, scroll down and choose the Download your data option from the section
- It will open Google Takeout or you can simply go to the https://takeout.google.com/. All the options are selected by default.
- Now, select the Mail option only from the list and press the Next Step button to proceed further.
- Select the Frequency and Delivery Method option through which the Google Team will send you the download link of your data.
- Here, select the file size and file type of the data you are downloading on PC.
- Finally, hit the Create Export option to move further with the process to get all the emails from Gmail mailbox to desktop.
- Now, the creation process will start, though it might take hours depending on the size of your Gmail mailbox data.
- You will receive a link from which you can download the archive file. After saving the file on your hard drive, you can extract the MBOX file containing all emails.
Limitations Associated with the Manual Method
There are some drawbacks associated with this “how to download Gmail to computer” manual procedure. Go through the following section and know about them:
- It is a time-consuming process to save Gmail emails to hard drive and requires much patience. Most users don’t have much time, and prefer to switch to a quick solution.
- The resultant file only gets saved in the MBOX format. So, you need to download another application to access emails in it.
- Moreover, if the Internet connection breaks in between the process, then the users might have to start the entire task again.
- Also, if your Google account size is exceeded, then you have to delete emails individually which can take a lot of time.
Some Reviews by the Users
User 1- I was looking for a solution to save Gmail emails to computer but failed to find a reliable one. After doing some research and reviewing app reviews on different sites, I got this best-rated software. This is the perfect solution I was looking for to download Gmail emails in bulk.
User 2- Due to the wide range of features, I opted for this software to save emails from Gmail to the hard drive. My favorite feature of this tool is that it allows me to filter my Gmail messages according to date. This helped me to download only required emails to my computer.
User 3- Currently, there are many utilities that can be used to download Gmail emails to computer. However, I liked this utility more than any other available solutions due to its wide range of features and easy functionality. Even it allows to download attachments with same formatting.
After getting a lot of user queries on how to download Gmail emails to computer, we have decided to share both manual as well as automated solutions in this article. These approaches are quite easy to save Gmail emails on your desktop. We have also discussed the limitations of the manual procedure and the benefits of using the automated tool. You can go through this article and select the method which suits you the most. However, it is great to go with professional software as it provides multiple features and convenience to download emails in bulk.
Q- How do I download Gmail emails to computer in bulk?
- Step 1. Download & Run the tool.
- Step 2. Login with Your Gmail Credentials.
- Step 3. Choose Export Option as necessary.
- Step 4. Select Folders & Apply Date Filter.
- Step 5. Click the Start Backup Button to saving emails.
Q- Can I clean my Gmail inbox with this tool after downloading it to my hard drive?
Yes, the software allows you to delete all downloaded emails from Gmail inbox after you have downloaded them to desktop.
Q- I want to save Gmail emails from Inbox folder to desktop only, is it possible to exclude other folders?
Yes, the automated tool provides the facility to exclude all the folders from which you do not want to download emails.