How to Download All Emails from Hotmail to Outlook Quickly?
Summary: Learn how to download all emails from Hotmail to Outlook in an easy and effective manner. Find out the methods for the same and perform the operation successfully. Also, understand the reasons for moving the email files. Without any further ado, let’s start!
Hotmail (also known as Outlook.com) account has been in the race as a succeeding email service platform along with Gmail and Yahoo! Mail. It is important to know that Hotmail is the best substitute for Gmail and Y! Mail and was once the most widely used email service.
Nowadays, users have been trying to search for solutions to download all emails from Hotmail to Outlook.
Why? Because nothing is safe and secure.
Many users have gone through data-loss or corruption situation at least once while using any email service.
The threats that lead to loss of data are increasing every day. Cyber-crime is increasing by the day which is not a good sign.
So, to be careful, it is suggested to keep the data stored in some other email client as another layer of protection.
There are many threats that are described later. Let’s find out how to keep away from them!
How to Download All Emails from Hotmail to Outlook & with What Methods?
The process for saving all the emails can be performed directly by synchronizing Hotmail account with Outlook account.
This is the manual and free method but has certain drawbacks which can lead to a lot of delay. This technique allows you to access and edit your messages by adding your account to Hotmail.
The other method that we have is an expert solution which is mostly used by professionals. With the help of this method, you can easily download all emails from Hotmail to Outlook in 2 simple steps.
Both the methods that are going to be explained will help you with a successful procedure but in different ways. Find out how?
Method 1 – Manually Download All Emails to Outlook Via Configuration
When configuring the email server with desktop application; Hotmail and Outlook respectively, you might have to install and application so that communication between the software and the Hotmail servers is enabled.
Following are the steps for it:
1. Launch your Outlook application on the desktop to start learning how to download all emails from Hotmail to Outlook.
2. Go to the File section and click on the Account Information button.
3. From there, choose the Add Account option for configuration.
4. In the window that appears, you have to enter all the personal information asked in the Name, E-mail Address, etc. fields.
5. Then, you will be prompted to install the Microsoft Outlook Connector. Press the Install Now button to get going and hit Run button.
6. Agree to the terms of the software and hit Continue to install it.
7. Download all the information and hit Finish.
Download All Emails from Hotmail to Outlook – Barriers of Manual Approach
Configuring Hotmail server with Outlook may take a while if the user has never performed configuration before.
Also, the software that needs to be installed doesn’t ensure security of the data as there could be a risk of data being corrupted.
Moreover, it can from minutes to hours to days for the emails to be synchronized depending on the size of the files.
This makes it a time-consuming and a lengthy process which not all the users have the time for.
To overcome such drawbacks, skip to the next solution.
Method 2 – How to Download All Emails from Hotmail to Outlook Via Expert-Solution?
Use the Hotmail Backup Tool by downloading it on your device to export all the emails that you require, selective or not, on your storage system.
The software allows you to export emails to various file formats such as PST, EML, MSG, PDF, & MBOX.
By using the features that it provides as descried below, you can have the best experience at conversion:
- Selective email conversion via Date-filter by selecting the period
- Keep the folder structure the same via Maintain Folder Hierarchy after you download all emails from Hotmail to Outlook
- Incremental Backup option to export only newly arrived emails
- Option to download emails from single and multiple user accounts
- Allows to retain the server space using Delete after Download option
- The tool works on Windows OS 10, 8, 7 (32/64 bit) and Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, and 2008
Let’s now move to the steps of the software and use the features.
Stage 1 – Follow the Given Steps to Export Emails Using the Software
1. Download and run the software on your system. To learn how to download all emails from Hotmail to Outlook by entering the credentials to Login.
2. Select the PST format and choose the destination location by clicking on the Browse button.
3. Press the Delete after Download button to get free space in the server.
4. Hit the Apply Filter option to select the dates to set a time zone for selective data migration.
5. Then, choose the Start button to get over with the process.
Once you have performed the first stage, let’s see how you can import the data to Outlook.
Stage 2 – Import Emails to Complete Download All Emails from Hotmail to Outlook Process
Follow the given steps:
1. Launch Outlook application and click on the File tab.
2. Select the Open & Export option and choose the Import/Export button.
3. Choose the Import from another program or file option and click on the Next button.
4. From there, press the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and hit the Next option.
5. Pick the location for the files to be saved in by pressing the Browse button and choose Next.
6. After that, select the emails from the folder you want to import and hit Finish.
Methods on how to download all emails from Hotmail to Outlook are explained here. There are two simple methods that can be used. The manual method is not so suitable because of the demerits it brings along.
For a simple and quick procedure, you can use the software to download the messages and save all the time you might invest in the manual method.