How to Import Outlook PST to Apple Mail Manually?
Summary: The blog comprises complete information to import Outlook PST to Apple Mail along with all possible solutions. Hence, you just need to perform the procedure in a step-by-step manner to accomplish the task without any hurdles.
Sometimes the presence of bugs or malware crashes the Microsoft Outlook application. Or, there may be several other reasons why users might need to import Outlook PST to Mac Mail. However, executing this migration is not as easy as it seems to be. Both email applications utilize different file formats to store their mailbox database.
Microsoft Outlook uses PST file format to save all personal information of users. On the other hand, Apple Mail uses MBOX files for the same. Thus, many enterprise users search for a solution to import PST to Mac Mail.
Whatever the reason behind this import process, we will be going to discuss the best solutions for the same.
Import Outlook to Mac Mail with Different Solutions
As above we have told you that both email clients use different file formats, so, first you need to convert the PST file into Apple Mail-supported MBOX format. Later on, you need to import it into Mac Mail. So, for that, there are different strategies that you should follow for doing this task –
- Manual Approach to Migrate PST File to Mac Mail
- Instantly Import PST to Apple Mail – Proven and Automated Technique
Now, to understand both of them in detail, just take a look at the next section.
Manual Technique to Import Outlook PST to Apple Mail
The manual approach is considered to be more complex hence, it is recommended to follow every step cautiously. Any misstep or abnormal execution of guidelines may lead to serious data loss.
Step 1: Sync MS Outlook with Gmail using IMAP
- Log into your Gmail account
- Hit the gear icon at the top right and choose Settings
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Click Enable IMAP
- Afterwards, tap on the Save Changes button
- Now, open the Microsoft Outlook application
- Navigate to File >> Add Account
- Now, in the Account Settings wizard, click New
- In this step, just select Email Account, click Next
- Choose Manual Setup or Additional Server Types option, click Next
- Select Internet Email and click Next to import Outlook to Mac Mail
- In the new wizard, enter your name, email address, and password
- Change Account Type to IMAP
- Type imap.gmail.com in the Incoming Mail Server field
- Enter smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing Mail Server box
- Click on More Settings
- Change Incoming Server (IMAP) and Outgoing Server (SMTP)
- In the Outgoing Server menu, select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication.
- Click to choose Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server
- After that, mouse-click OK >> Next
- Later on, hit the Finish and OK buttons to end the setup
- Drag desired emails from the Outlook account and drop them to any folder of the Gmail account
Step 2: Configure Gmail Account in Apple Mail
Now, to import Outlook PST to Apple Mail, you need to configure the Google Account to the Mac Email client.
- Open the Mac Mail application and select Mail >> Preferences
- Then, navigate to the Accounts tab and click on the Add icon
- Enter your complete name, email address, and account password
- In this step, just mouse-click Continue
- Afterwards, enter all necessary information in the appropriate fields:
Incoming Mail Server
- Account Type: IMAP
- Description: Gmail
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
- Username: Enter your Gmail username
- Password: Enter your Gmail password
- Hit Continue button
Outgoing Mail Server
- Description: Gmail
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
- User name: Enter your Gmail username
- Password: Enter your Gmail password
- Click on Continue
- Check your Account Summary
- Hit Create button
- Now, drag and drop the PST files emails from your Gmail account to Apple Mail on your Mac machine.
So, this was the manual approach that will require you to perform while importing Outlook PST into Apple Mail accounts. As being said before, the method is complex still the result won’t be completely accurate.
Proven Automated Solution to Import PST to Apple Mail
The manual technique to import Outlook PST to Apple Mail is lengthy and time-consuming. Thus, you can get help from the most trusted automated solution. The Mac PST file converter software is the best and tested by top professionals for easy import.
Using this application, you can import multiple Outlook PST files into Mac Mail-supported *.mbox file format. It can create a single mailbox file for every folder of PST files along with maintaining the folder hierarchy throughout the process.
Moreover, if you will ever need to convert just specific files from a particular date, then it is feasible for that task too. It provides you options to apply the date range, which will help while exporting only selected emails or other data from Outlook PST files.
Steps to Transfer Emails from Outlook to Apple Mail Instantly
- Step 1: First of all, just download the PST to MBOX Converter for Mac and install it.
- Step 2: Launch the software and click on the Add File(s)/ Add Folder(s) button to add a PST file.
- Step 3: After adding a file/ folder the software will list it on display, tap on the Next step
- Step 4: Now, select the MBOX file and enable the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option to import Outlook PST to Apple Mail
- Step 5: Later on, to export the PST file data of a specific period, apply Date Filter
- Step 6: Next, browse a destination location to save the resultant MBOX files on your Mac PC
- Step 7: Eventually, click on the Export button to get the process done.
The export process will begin with MS Outlook in MBOX format. Once it is done click OK. Now, you will get MBOX files at the saved location.
Steps to Import Converted PST File to Apple Mail
- First of all, open your Mac Mail application on your computer.
- Secondly, click on the File tab and choose Import Mailboxes.
- Choose Files in MBOX Format in Import data from section.
- Click Continue to import Outlook PST to Apple Mail
- Afterwards, select the file that you have exported before and click on Choose
- Once the import process is finished, click Done.
After this, you can access your Outlook PST content in your Apple Mail account on a Mac machine.
Advanced Features of the Tool to Import Outlook PST to Mac Mail
We will discuss why you should go for the alternative method rather than the manual approach.
- Unlike the manual solution, the automated software does not take much time to perform.
- Moreover, the self-operated tool can import as many Outlook PST files as you want into your Apple Mail.
- Additionally, it lets you apply a date filter, so that, you can just process only the required PST file data.
- Also, it is best suited to import Outlook to Mac Mail without any file restrictions effortlessly.
- Likewise, this tool not only allows you to convert emails but also lets you import Outlook contacts to Mac Address Book easily.
Summing It Up
To fulfil personal and professional requirements, sometimes you may need to import Outlook PST to Apple Mail. This technical page incorporates two methods to execute such tasks manual and automated method. The manual technique includes some limitations and requires technical expertise to execute import Outlook to Mac Mail. Thus, it is better to opt for the professional approach, as it is a proven and pre-tested solution. It allows you to do the entire import process without any data modification in your PST file. Moreover, you also get some additional benefits from applying extra filters. So, you can download its free demo version and try its best features to deal with this query.