How to Forward Gmail to ProtonMail? Quick & Easy Ways!
By far, Gmail is the most popular email platform among users for its flexible usability. And, when it comes to a comparatively secure email platform, ProtonMail tops the list. Therefore, users who are concerned about the safety of their sensitive emails, want to forward Gmail to ProtonMail. Here is one of the user queries that perfectly explains the concern.
User Query:Hey, I am using my Gmail account to send and receive emails to my customers. But, for added security, I want to move those emails to my ProtonMail account. So, can I transfer or forward the incoming Gmail messages to ProtonMail? I would like to go for a manual method to accomplish this process. So, please suggest a manual way to add ProtonMail to Gmail with all attachments.
If you’re one of the users who don’t know how to migrate Gmail to Protonmail. Then, keep on reading the article till the end. Here we’ll discuss the automated & manual solutions to set up auto-forwarding Gmail emails to ProtonMail. So, let’s begin the post.
Why Transfer Gmail to ProtonMail?
For several reasons, users choose ProtonMail and want to Transfer emails from their Gmail account to Protonmail. A few of them are listed below.
- Adding Gmail emails to ProtonMail allows you to access your Gmail emails from within your Proton account. This provides a unified inbox even if using ProtonMail primarily.
- ProtonMail utilizes end-to-end encryption for emails sent between Proton users. Linking to Gmail allows accessing those less secure emails through the more private ProtonMail platform.
- Furthermore, the storage space in a Gmail account is limited, with Google providing 15GB for data management. However, data storage in a Proton Mail account is excellent.
- Also, Proton Mail is encrypted, so only you can view your mailbox messages. Even Proton Mail cannot view your email data for further protection.
- Proton Mail employs zero-access encryption, making decrypting user messages impossible. This, however, applies to all emails in the Proton mailbox.
- In fact, unlike Gmail, Proton Mail never logs the IP addresses of emails, searches, and so on, allowing users to relax.
These are some of the potential reasons, why users wish to migrate from ProtonMail to Gmail. Now, let’s check out the ways to accomplish this process.
Manually Forward Gmail to ProtonMail
- Open Gmail and go to Settings.
- Select “See All Settings” and click “Forwarding and POP/IMAP.”
- In “Add your forwarding Address,” enter your ProtonMail address and click Next.
- Verify the link sent to your ProtonMail account.
- Now, refresh Gmail and check “Forward a copy of incoming mail” for ProtonMail.
- Finally, click “Save Changes” to Forward Gmail messages to ProtonMail.
The manual process to migrate from ProtonMail to Gmail has some limitations. As, it relies on email verification, and raises certain security concerns. Additionally, the auto-forwarding process does not include the syncing of old emails. Now, let’s explore an alternative way to import entire data from ProtonMail to Gmail.
Import/Export App to Migrate from Gmail to ProtonMail
- Install and run the ProtonMail App on Windows.
- Enter your Account Address and click on login.
- Now, tap on your profile name & select Import Option.
- Select Import from Account option >> Gmail account.
- Enter your details to transfer mail to ProtonMail with all data.
Note: The ProtonMail Import/Export app allows to import only 5000 emails per day on free plan.
Expert Suggestion to Forward Gmail to ProtonMail
If you are planning to securely move Gmail messages to ProtonMail with attachments, then you should consider professional software. Our Recommendation is to go with the MacwareTools IMAP Migration Software. The software allows you to directly import old and new emails from your Gmail account to your chosen destination.
Moreover, the whole process will be safe and secure to forward Gmail to ProtonMail. After migration, you can access all emails from your Gmail source account in the ProtonMail account. This software will execute the migration process instantly without affecting the folder hierarchy.
In addition, to migrating Gmail emails to ProtonMail, you can successfully attached files as well. It offers the easiest interface in case you are wondering how the tool works. So, you can easily run this tool if you have high core technical knowledge or not.
Steps to Migrate from Gmail to ProtonMail
To initiate the migration process, first, download the software on your Mac desktop. After that, follow the step-by-step process for Gmail emails to ProtonMail migration process-
- Install & run the software.
- From the next window, pick the Gmail option as a Host Account and enter the credentials of the required Gmail account for account validation.
- After that, in the Destination Account section, select the “Other” option. After that, enter the ProtonMail username and password to proceed.
- If in case, you want to add more host and destination accounts, tap on the Add option and map them accordingly. You can also manually map which mailbox email from the source account should be migrated to the destination account first.
- Finally, click on the Start Migration option, and then the tool will start the process to migrate from Gmail to ProtonMail. You also get the migration report as a detailed report or summary report which contains all the details.
There can be different situations as per the different user requirements when they want to forward Gmail to ProtonMail with all email Attachments. Therefore, in this article, we have explained the step-by-step process for this migration. Using the above methods you can easily migrate Gmail Emails to the ProtonMail mailbox. But what if there comes a technical issue while transferring emails manually? Hence, to prevent any uncertainties we have also shared an automated method. The mentioned application will easily help in the secure migration on any Mac operating system.
- Best Way to Migrate Gmail Account to Google Workspace.