Learn Best Techniques to Import Gmail to Thunderbird Easily
Undoubtedly, Gmail is the most widely used email program that stores data like email messages, contacts, calendars, and so forth on the cloud. However, if the Gmail account gets hacked or terminated, the email data will be lost. To avoid all these situations, you should store a copy of your data into the local system. To do so, you can configure the Gmail account in their desktop-based email client application like Thunderbird. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to discuss how to export Gmail to Thunderbird in an efficient manner.
Reasons to Import Gmail to Thunderbird
As everyone knows, Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the desktop-based email applications, thus it becomes easy to manage and access their complete data without network connectivity. Moreover, it will become easy for users to configure various accounts in a single place. Also, there are some reasons that will become more useful with respect to export Gmail to Thunderbird are:
- You can easily save your Thunderbird files on machine, so that you can use them as per your requirements.
- In Mozilla Thunderbird, it cannot be possible to destroy email messages due to the hindrance from an external source.
- Furthermore, you can even share its data files among different users as per the requirements.
Flawless Way to Export Emails from Gmail to Thunderbird
The manual approach is too lengthy and it takes so much time while importing Gmail account into Thunderbird. Thus, users must opt for a reliable third-party Gmail Account Backup Utility for Mac. It is designed in such a way to download all Gmail emails to Thunderbird without any data loss. It has simple to use interface that helps even the novice users to operate it to export Gmail to Thunderbird without any hassle. Along with this, if you ever want to archive Gmail emails to PST then you will be able to view all Gmail account emails in Outlook. On top of these, there are options that allows to export Gmail to Mac Outlook application.
The best thing about this self-operated utility is it provides full compatibility with the Mac operating system. So that, you can easily know how to import mail from Gmail to Thunderbird. Using this program, you can even apply different naming patterns to your exported file.
Advanced Features of the Automated Tool
There are multiple features that you get when you learn how to download all Gmail emails to Thunderbird. So, some of them we are mentioning below for your ease:
1. Option to Export Selected Folders – This tool can save all folders or selected folders depending on the user’s requirement. Using “Select Folders” section, you can check / uncheck the folders that you want to import Gmail to Thunderbird.
2. Delete Data After Exporting – Moreover, it has an option which allows you to delete the Gmail data after they successfully export Gmail to Thunderbird. This is an optional feature of the tool, so that you can enable or disable it accordingly. Also, it creates more storage space in Gmail account after deleting the emails.
3. Option to Pause & Resume – Likewise, you also get an option to pause and resume the export Gmail emails to Thunderbird process within the tool. Sometimes, you may want to pause the process because of internet connectivity or any other reason. After that, you just have to enter the credentials of your account to resume the process.
Export Gmail to Thunderbird with Manual Method
First, you have to configure Gmail account by using restore backed up mails from the user account. Here, we are mentioning some of the steps below:
- Download and install Mozilla Thunderbird application on your system
- Then, open Gmail profile and to ensure that end-users Gmail account should be extracted to another machine. Go to Settings and choose Settings option
- Now, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP option. From IMAP section, choose Enable IMAP and then, Save Changes to import Gmail to Thunderbird
- After that, right-click on the username in Thunderbird client and go to Settings option
- Next, a new dialog box appears. Click on Account Actions >> Add Mail Account
- Mail Account Setup dialog box will pop up. Afterwards, enter the username, email address and password in the field. Press Continue option
- Select an IMAP (remote folders) and then, click Done
- Click Browse option to modify the directory. Press OK button to finish the set-up to export Gmail emails to Thunderbird
- At last, new email ID shows at the left pane. Further, double-click on it, and select Read Messages start to view them. You can do changes as per your requirements.
These days most of you may want to use desktop-based email applications like Mozilla Thunderbird. As it is a good way to keep the crucial data safe from any damage. Thus, in this article, we have shared solutions on how to export Gmail to Thunderbird. As an outcome, the automated tool is the best method to save Gmail emails to computer. Moreover, it will protect your data from any uncertainties. It will help you to import Gmail to Thunderbird with all their data.