How To Retrieve Attachments From Yahoo Mail? Complete Guide
Yahoo mail services are one of the most-used emailing services, especially for working professionals. Due to its wide usage, it is implicit that it contains a lot of valuable data about its users. Thus, to ensure the protection of this data, it becomes necessary to create a backup of your important emails. So this article brings you a complete guide on different methods to retrieve attachments from Yahoo Mail.
Table Of Contents:
- Why Do You Need To Extract Yahoo mail attachments?
- Manual Method To Retrieve Attachments From Yahoo Mail
- Using Professional Software To Retrieve Attachments From Yahoo Mail
- Why Use Professional Software To Extract Yahoo mail attachments?
Why Do You Need To Extract Yahoo mail attachments?
But what is the need for this? Why do you need to extract these emails and create a backup? Well, there are multiple reasons for this. Let us discuss some of them in brief.
- Your emails contain important messages as well as various attachments like documents, notes, invoices, images, etc. Maintenance of this data is very important for a business and thus, creating its backup becomes necessary.
- Protects the data of users and helps them to get it back in case of any unforeseen situation
- Keep your data safe from any virus attack or situations like accidental deletion
- Allows the user to get some more storage space in their Yahoo email accounts
As we now understand the various benefits to extract Yahoo mail attachments, let us look at the different methods following which you can easily do that.
Read More: How to Save Yahoo Email as EML?
Manual Method To Retrieve Attachments From Yahoo Mail
Step 1. Open the web browser in your system and log into your “Yahoo” mail account.
Step 2. Now find and open the particular “email attachment” you want to extract and Yahoo will scan that particular attachment.
Step 3. If that particular attachment doesn’t contain any virus, then a popup will appear confirming the same.
Step 4. Now click on the “Download Attachment” button, and then on the “Save” button to download the attachments.
Step 5. Now go to the folder where this attachment has been downloaded to view and access your files.
However, this technique is only useful when you have to download only a limited number of Yahoo mail attachments.
Using Professional Software To Retrieve Attachments From Yahoo Mail
An alternative and better solution to this problem will be taking the help of SysTools Yahoo backup tool. Using this tool you can create a backup of multiple Yahoo mail attachments all at once. There are also various features of this tool that you can use for backup that will make the process simple and quick.
Now let us look at the simple steps you can follow to retrieve attachments from Yahoo mail.
Step 1. Open the Yahoo Backup software, provide your Yahoo mail login credentials, and then click on “Login”.
Step 2. Now “Select Export Type” in which you want to save all your Yahoo email data.
Step 3. Click on “Advance Settings” for naming convention feature or to use date filter.
Step 4. The “Delete After Download” option allows you to remove all your data from the server after you are done downloading it on your computer.
Step 5. Choose the destination where you want your files to be saved. Click on “Change” to change destination path and then click “OK”.
Step 6. Click on “Start Backup” to start the backup process and a popup will appear after the exporting process has been completed successfully. Now click on “OK”.
Hence, you are done with the process to retrieve attachments from Yahoo mail using a professional Yahoo backup tool. You can now see the downloaded files at the location you selected in the backup process.
Why Use Professional Software To Extract Yahoo mail attachments?
Above we have discussed a manual as well as a professional method to retrieve attachments from Yahoo mail, but there comes a question, why should you use this method. Well, there are multiple reasons for this, let us discuss some of them.
- Professional software provides you with an automated solution to extract Yahoo mail attachments. This means that the software is responsible for the completion of the process and you need not bother yourself by keeping a constant manual check.
- It allows the users to backup Yahoo mails to various formats like PST, EML, MBOX, PDF, etc. which is not available in the manual method.
- The tool allows the user to pause and resume the backup process, which is very helpful in cases where the connection is lost and you have to start the process all over again like in manual methods.
- The tool has a feature that allows you to delete the emails after you are done with the backup process. Thus, users can also get some extra space in their Yahoo mail account.
As a daily user of Yahoo’s email services, it becomes very important to keep a backup of your emails, especially those with attachments. In the article, we have discussed various methods following which you can retrieve attachments from Yahoo mail. However, using the manual methods won’t be an ideal solution as it is very time-consuming to create a backup of large amounts of data. Therefore, an effective solution will be to take the help of the Yahoo email backup software mentioned above in this article and create a backup of all your data with attachments.