Need to Import Contacts from Excel to Mac Address Book? Read this Guide
Query- Recently I switched to a Mac device for my professional use. Before this, I was using a Windows device so I use Excel Spreadsheet to save all my contacts. But now I move to Mac so I want to import contacts from Excel to Mac address book. I tried a lot to do this on my own but I failed. So If anyone knows the simplified way to complete this conversion, please suggest it to me.
Like the above user query, there are several users who use an Excel spreadsheet to save their contact information. But due to the change of OS environment, they require to transfer their contacts from Excel to Mac. So, if you are one of them who looking for a simple way to complete this conversion, then here in this blog we are going to discuss the easy and straightforward way to import multiple contacts from Excel to Mac address book.
How to Import Contacts for Excel to Mac Address Book?
Well, if you are want to transfer your multiple Excel contacts list to Mac address, then fit you have to know that both of the OS support different file formats to store its data. Mac address book only accepts vCard and Excel stores it data in XLS or XLSX file format. So, in that case, you can not import your Excel contacts to Mac Address Book
Therefore to import contacts from Excel to Mac address book you have to follow two-step procedures. In the first step, we convert the Excel contacts file to vCard and in the second step, we import the resulting vCard Mac address book. So, to complete the task without any hassle follow the below-mentioned steps:
#Step 1: Convert Excel XLSX or XLS Contacts File to vCard
Since there is no option available in Excel that helps you to convert the contacts list in the vCard. So, in that case, you can try the Mac Excel Contacts Converter tool, this tool is the best way to convert unlimited Excel contacts into vCard.
In addition, this tool also has an option to convert Excel contacts into MSG, PDF, TXT, and HTML without any change in data integrity.
Working Step of the Tool
1. To start the process first download and install the Software on your Mac machine
2. After the installation, run the software
3. Now, click on Add File(s) to add Excel files into the software panel
4. Once the file is loaded to the software you will able to see the file in preview pane >> click on the Next
5. Now, choose the VCF format from the Select Export Type option
6. After that choose Create Single vCard Per File option to create separate VCF files for all Excel file, then choose the version of vCard and Mac vCard option
7. Now, to map the Excel field opt for the option Select Excel Column and Select vCard Column and then click on the Add button
8. Choose the destination location to save the resultant vCard file
9. And after all the settings click on the Export button to start the process
#Step 2: Import Converted vCard to Mac Address Book
1. First, open the Mac address book on your Mac machine
2. After that open the vCard file folder which you converted in the first step
3. Now, simply drag the vCard file into the Mac address book
4. After that, a pop-up will appear simply click on the Add option to import contacts from Excel to Mac address book
5. Now, once you clicked on the Add Add option, the contact will get imported into the Mac address book.
6. Once the import process is completed you can able to preview all your Excel contacts to Mac address book
Why This Tool To Import Contacts from Excel to Mac Address Book?
As we said earlier, there is no manual and direct method available that can convert Excel contacts list to vCard, and this tool completes this task without any data loss. Hence, most professionals recommend this tool because it offers an amazing feature. And some the prominent features are mentioned below:
- Six Different Option for Contacts- This tool not only converts Excel XLSX or XLS files in vCard but it is also capable to convert Excel XLSX files to PDF, MSG, HTML, PST, and TXT file formats.
- All Versions of vCard- The tool offers all versions of vCard versions such as vCard 2.1, vCard 3.0, and vCard 4.0. So you can easily view your contacts on any device.
- Option to Map Excel Contacts Fileds- To preserve the contacts field the tool comes with features to map the Excel contacts fields.
- Option to Select the Destination Location- The tool has a facility to select the destination location from the software pane.
- Compatibility with Mac Operating System- The software is compatible with all the versions of the Mac Operating System including the latest ones.
Whatever be the reasons for your contacts migration here in the above write-up, we have explained the best solution to import contacts from Excel to Mac address book. So go through the blog and complete the task without any data loss. In addition, you can try the trial version of the tool to know all its features.