How to Import EML to Outlook for Mac in an Efficient Manner?
User Query: I was using Thunderbird on my Windows operating system. while switching from Windows to Mac sierra 10.12, I took a backup of a few important emails as .eml in a folder. Now, In my Mac machine I am using Outlook 2019 for emailing and want to open those files in my Mac Outlook 2019. But I can’t find any option to import EML to Outlook Mac. Any option to open the EML files in Outlook for Mac would be appreciated.
How to Import EML to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 Mac OS?
If you have created a backup of your emails as a .eml file, you can not import them into Mac Outlook 2016 using the Import-Export wizard, but it is still possible.
Unlike email backups, which are available as “.msg” files in Windows Outlook, emails in the Mac Outlook are available in .eml format. They can simply be dragged into the desired email folder (for example, the inbox) in order to import them.
Manually to Importing EML File to Outlook Mac
- Go the folder on which all the .eml files you have stored
- Select a specific .eml file and right click on it >> Open with >> Microsoft Outlook
- Now select the Move option and click on drop-down arrow to move the file into a specific folder
- The file has been moved successfully, now go and check for that email on Mac Outlook 2016
Alternate Option to Import EML to Outlook 2019, 2016 for Mac
There is another approach for importing EML file on your Outlook , that is Mac EML Converter software. This utility allows you to export all files in Outlook accessible file (.pst) format. Then, you can easily import the resultant file to Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 or any below version.
Moreover, the best thing about this software is it provides multiple formats as well for converting your EML file, like, PDF, MBOX, PST, or more. As a result, you will be able to read multiple EML files on Mac based computers without any data loss.
Steps to Export EML Files to Outlook File Format
Follow the following steps as given below after successfully downloading the mentioned utility on Mac-based computers-
- First of all, launch the software on your Mac machine of any version
- Now, click on the “Add File(s)” or “Add Folder(s)” button to load the EML files into the software.
- After successfully adding the folder, you can preview all available EML files on software panel, click on Next
- Now select the output file format as PST and select the date range using the date filter.
- Now, just click on Browse button to provide destination folder location
- In this step, the destination path will be shown as follows, then click on Export.
- The .eml file successfully converted into Outlook supported file format, hit the OK button
- Now, you can easily import this available resultant file to Mac Outlook on any of your Mac machine version.
Guide to Import Resultant File to Mac Outlook
- Open Outlook to import EML to Outlook Mac 2019, 2061, 2013 and go to the menu bar as in the File >> Import
- After this, just activate the button Outlook data file and click on the arrow on the bottom right
- Now, you have to select Outlook for Windows data file and click on the right arrow again
- Search for the file on your Mac machine, select it and click Import
- Once the import process is complete (this may take several minutes), press “Done” button.
In Mac Outlook 2016, there is no direct option for Importing EML files. However, there are some manual and alternate options available, that will help you to import EML to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 for Mac. The manual option is bit time-consuming in managing the .eml files and then drag and drop them to Mac Outlook. Hence, for the best result and fast access the data on Mac Outlook, one can go with the third party solution mention in the article.
A. Yes, the software has an Add Folder option to carry out the conversion process in bulk.
A. Yes, you can easily use the resultant file in both Windows as well as Mac Outlook on all your Mac machines.