How to Save Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive with Attachments?
Summary – Keen to know how to save emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive with attachments, then you are landed on the right page. Here, in this blog, we are going to discuss the best way to download multiple emails at once from Outlook 365 to computer.
Well, Outlook 365 is part of Office 365, which is a cloud-based subscription service. Moreover, it can be used anywhere on any device in the presence of the internet. Previously it is known as OWA or Outlook Web Assess/App.
Now, we know that it is subscription-based and internet-dependent, so security is the first concern for us. Hence, most of you being an Outlook 365 users may want to know how to save all your emails. Also, how you can store important documents in local folders to access them from anywhere without internet connectivity. So if you are seeking the same, then stick with us till the last.
But before going toward the techniques to know how to download Outlook 365 emails to desktop hard drive, let’s understand the needs.
Reasons to Save Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard drive
There are multiple reasons for downloading Outlook 365 to the local computer. But here in this section, we are going to discuss some of the major ones.
- Users save all their data locally so that they can easily assess it without the presence of the internet.
- The backup files are always useful in the situation when you lost some of the emails. So, you can easily retrieve lost data from the backup file.
- Saving emails of Outlook 365 also help users to release some mailbox memory space of Outlook 365.
Top Ways to Download Outlook 365 Emails to Desktop
There are two ways that you can try for doing this task, using them you will be able to save emails from Outlook 365 to Hard drive. These are –
How to Save Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive Automatically?
Although there are various ways to download Outlook 365 emails to desktop. But in later section, you will see their limitation. As sometimes this can be a very risky task as you will end up with loss of data integrity and folder structure of your email data file.
So, for the perfect and reliable saving process, you can try Mac Office 365 Backup Tool. It is well capable to save entire mailboxes along with attachments using this tool on Mac OS. It also gives you an option to save only from the selected folder in Outlook 365.
Moreover, the software provides you the multiple file format options for exporting Office 365 mailbox to PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, and MSG. Hence, it is quite easy automated solution to download the required emails on desired file format on desktop.
Top Features of the Smart Utility
- This tool gives you an option to select between a single file backup or save entire mailbox folders like Inbox, sent items, drafts, etc.
- It even has a free trial version, so for complete details, you can try the free demo version.
- In addition, the program is also helpful to import Office 365 contacts to iCloud account.
- The software comes with an amazing feature that is known as Delete After Download. It means once you download the mailbox data, you can easily remove all the downloaded files and their attachments from Outlook 365.
- Quite easy automated software to Backup Office 365 Outlook Emails
- Internet connectivity needs while saving Outlook 365 data, and also if you have added the two-step verification, then disable multi-factor authentication
Steps to Download All Emails With Attachments on Desktop
First Download and install the software on your Mac machine, after that follow the following steps to know –
- Now, in the Login section provide your user name and password and click the Login button
- Select the export format as per your choice from Select Export Format
- Now, click on the Advance Setting option to choose advance settings, including Naming convention, date filters
- Now, choose the Destination location to save emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive
- After all the settings, click on the Start Backup button to download Outlook 365 emails in bulk
- Once the task is over connect your external hard drive to the computer and move all the backup data to it.
Save Outlook 365 Emails in HTML File Manually
This is the manual method to save emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive. So, if you are seeking a free solution, then follow the below steps:
1. First, launch the Office 365 profile on your personal computer
2. After that, go to the email folder to export the emails to HTML file format
3. Now, right-click on the page and select the Save As an option
4. After that, choose desired location to download the exported emails
5. Finally, the copy of Office 365 emails will be saved in HTML format
Note: For multiple emails, you have to repeat the steps for the remaining Office 365 emails to be saved.
However, there are many users seeking a way to save emails from Outlook 365 to computer. So, they can protect their data from any cumbersome situation. Therefore, here, we have discussed the two best ways on how to save emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive. Whereas the manual method is bit difficult to perform. But if you want the most effective and accurate result, then try the automated utility for easy download Outlook 365 emails to desktop.