How to Save All emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive Smartly
Summary – Keen to know how to save all emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive, then you are landed on the right page here in this blog we are going to discuss the best way to save multiple emails at once from Outlook 365 to hard drive.
Well, Outlook 365 is part of Office 365 it is a cloud-based subscription service that can be used anywhere on any device in the presence of the internet. Previously it is known as OWA or Outlook Web Assess/App.
Now, we know that it is subscription-based and internet-dependent, so security is the first concern for every user hence, most Outlook 365 users want to save all their emails and want to store their important documents in their local folders so they can access them from anywhere without internet connectivity. So if you are seeking the same, then stick with us till the last.
But before going toward the techniques to save all emails from Outlook 365 to a hard drive let’s understand why users want this migration and also the benefits of this migration.
Reasons Why Users Want this Migration?
There are multiple reasons for the migration of Outlook 365 to the local hard drive. But here in this section, we are going to discuss some of the major ones.
- Users save all their data locally so that they can easily assess it without the presence of the internet.
- The backup files are always useful in the situation when you lost some of the emails. So, you can easily retrieve lost data from the backup file.
- Saving emails of Outlook 365 also help users to release some mailbox memory space of Outlook 365.
Table of Contents
#Method 1: How to Save All Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive
As you see earlier in the table content there are various ways to save Outlook 365 emails to the hard drive but. But in the upcoming section, you will see their limitation. Like sometimes it can be a very risky task, such as you will end with the loss of data integrity and folder structure of your email data file.
So, for the perfect and reliable saving process, you can try Mac Office 365 Backup tool. The tool is well capable to save entire mailboxes using this tool Outlook 365 on Mac. The software provides you the multiple file format options to save Outlook 365 such as PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, and MSG. Also gives you an option to save only from the selected folder in Outlook 365
This tool gives you an option to select between a single file backup or save entire mailbox folders like Inbox, sent items, drafts, etc. For complete details, the user can try to download the software from here. In addition, the software is also capable of Office 365 Business Premium backup.
The software comes with an amazing feature that is known as Delete After Download, which means once the download of the mailbox data is done you can easily remove all the downloaded files from Outlook 365.
Note: Internet connectivity needs while saving Outlook 365 data, and also if you have added the two-step verification, then disable multi-factor authentication
Steps to Save All Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive
1. First Download and install the software on your Mac Machine
2. Once the installation is completed launch the tool
3. Now, in the Login section provide your user name and password and click on the Login button
4. After that chose the categories such as E-mail, Calendar, and Contacts from the Select Category
5. Select the export format as per your choice from Select Export Format
6. Now, click on the Advance Setting option to choose advance settings
7. Under the Advance Settings, you can add a Date Filter, Delete After Download, and also the Folder Filter
8. After that choose the destination location to save all emails from Outlook 365
9. After all the settings, click on the Start Backup button to initiate the process of save all emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive
10. Once the task is over connect your external hard drive and move all the backup data to it
#Method 2: Save Outlook 365 emails in HTML File
This is the manual method to save all emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive. So, if you are seeking a free solution, then follow the below steps:
1. First, launch the Office 365 profile on your personal computer
2. After that, go to the email folder to export the emails to HTML file format
3. Now, right-click on the page and select the Save As an option
4. After that choose desired location to save the exported emails
5. Finally, the copy of Office 365 emails will be saved in HTML format
Note: For multiple emails, you have to repeat the steps for the remaining Office 365 emails to be saved.
There are many users seeking a way to save emails from Outlook 365 to the local drive or external hard drive. So they can protect their data from any cumbersome situation. Therefore here in this write-up, we have discussed the two best ways to save all emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive. But if you want the most effective and accurate result, then try the automated toolkit.