How to Migrate Gmail Emails to Another Gmail Account Safely?
Users prefer migration from one account to another account due to various reasons. But the main reason is storage space. When the storage space is full of one account, then switching to another account is the only option that remains. In this article, we will be discussing how to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another. For doing this migration, we will share all the possible methods that are useful.
As we know Gmail is a free account but now it comes with a limited storage space of 15 GB. So, when this space is about to be full or when you are out of storage. Then you may like to migrate Gmail emails to another Gmail account. But this migration should be secure and safe. Therefore, we will provide a professional method that helps in transferring email easily.
There are two ways that you can use to switch from one Gmail account to another. So, you can choose any method from the given below.
How to Transfer Emails from One Gmail Account to Another?
Moving from one account to another with complete security is the basic need of every user. Hence, for this process we suggest you to choose the Mac IMAP Migration Software. Using this software, you can easily migrate Gmail emails to another Gmail account.
Moreover, while doing this migration, the data integrity would be the same in the new Gmail account as prior. As this tool is a smart one that simply transfer emails from old Gmail account to another one. Using this tool even you can migrate Gmail to IMAP mail server without all folder hierarchy.
Step by Step Guide to Switch to New Gmail Account
To operate this tool on your computer, download it first. After that, install it and follow the steps to migrate Gmail emails to another Gmail account-
- Run the above-suggested tool on your Mac PC, and read the given instructions from the welcome screen, hit Continue
- After that, choose your old Gmail as a Host Account, enter its User name and password of the same account
- Now, in the Destination Account section, again select the Gmail option, and provide the credentials of another Gmail account
- There is an Add option to transfer emails from multiple Gmail webmail accounts
- Finally, mouse-click the Start Migration option, and it will quickly begin the migration process. So, once the transfer process is done you can access all your emails in your new Gmail account.
How to Transfer Emails from One Gmail Account to Another Manually?
There is a manual technique as well, as Gmail has an in-built Import mails and contacts option. Hence, it will help you to migrate Gmail emails to another Gmail account. So, you can use it and switch into a new Gmail account. However, there is a mandatory requirement before executing the migration process. That is you should enable the POP server first of your old Gmail account.
Step1 – To Enable POP in Source Gmail Account
If you haven’t yet activated Post Office Protocol, then follow the steps below –
- Open your old Gmail account, and tap on the Settings gear icon in the accounts
- After that, from the new window, select the Forwarding and POP/ IMAP and check the “Enable POP for all mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded)” option
- Now, in the second section, when your emails are accessed with the POP section, you will get drop-down options. Here, choose the “Archive Gmail’s copy” option for accessing them later, tap the Save changes, and sign off from this account.
Step 2 – Switch to New Gmail Account to Access Emails
In this step, you need to follow the steps to access emails in your new Gmail account –
- After login into your new Gmail account, select Settings >> See All Settings >> Accounts and Import tab >> Add a mail account option
- Now, in the Email address, you will be asked to enter the email address of the Gmail account from which you want to import , tap Next
- After that, in the next screen, select the Import emails from my other account (POP3) option, mouse-click on the Next
- Type the password of your old Gmail account under the Password section, also choose POP server as Gmail.com, and type 995 as the port number.
- To proceed further, hit the Add Account option and allow Gmail to access your other Gmail account. By doing so, the Import process will begin.
- However, this entirely manual process will take hours to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another. As this process will not migrate all emails from your old account in one go. As it will only help to transfer the oldest 100-200 emails first. Even, all the emails from your Gmail account will appear in the new Gmail account sent mail folder.
In this above tutorial, we have discussed the most query in a detailed manner. To ease the pain of all users, we have shared both manual and automated solutions. Using both methods you can easily know how to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another. However, the manual method is quite tricky to perform this migration. Therefore, we suggest you to choose the automated method which is also professionally tested. As it will easily migrate all emails from one Gmail to another Gmail account.