How to Transfer Excel Contacts to iPhone – Go to Solution
When it comes to managing large numbers of contacts, MS Excel has saved everyone. Contact information is considered to be the most authoritative for any type of business and should be secured and managed. Today, the most important thing for people is to properly track all their contacts. The Excel file may take some time to open it. This is why, users mostly ask queries like how to transfer Excel Contacts to iPhone contacts to get faster access, anytime, anywhere.
Techniques to Transfer Excel Contacts to iPhone:
Microsoft Excel saves all contacts in XLSX or XLS format, which is not supported by most mobile phones. That’s why users are looking for ways to convert contacts from Excel to iPhone. Before explaining a suitable solution for the same thing, let’s make one clarification that there is no direct solution available to do that.
Since there is no direct technique to transfer contacts from Excel to iPhone contacts, users need to follow the steps described below. We will follow the pattern in a way:
Excel to CSV >> CSV to vCard >> vCard to iPhone via iCloud. Let us begin the process to transfer Excel contacts to iPhone!
First Step: Change the Excel Contacts File to CSV File Format
1. Open the Excel file which has contacts that have to be transferred to iPhone.
2. In the File tab, choose Save As an option.
3. Select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) option in the save as option.
4. Rename your file, save the file, and complete the process.
This step has to be performed as the Excel file generates its output in XLS, XLSX, or XLSM file formats and these are not compatible with iPhone. This is the reason we have performed this step to change the Excel contacts to CSV format. Users have to now, change this CSV file to the vCard file format in order to transfer Excel contacts to iPhone.
You can also read: How to Export Excel contacts to Android devices in a seamless manner.
Second Step: Change Resulting CSV File to vCard Format?
1. Click on the Start button and type your contact in the search box. Under Programs, click Contacts.
2. Next, the Contact window opens. Click the Import tab to import contacts from a CSV file.
3. “Import to Windows Contacts” windows will appear. Select the CSV option (comma separated values) from the list and click the Import button to continue.
4. Next, select the CSV file to import. Click on the Browse button to find the file.
5. Then select the CSV file to import the contacts into your system. Then, hit the Open button to confirm your file selection.
6. Click Next to continue. All text and contact fields are displayed here.
7. Map all fields the same way. After assigning the text and contact fields, click Finish to start the import process.
Users can manually convert XLS contacts to vCard file format but it has certain shortcomings that cannot be avoided. We have mentioned some of the drawbacks below.
Disadvantages of Converting Mac Excel to vCard Format Manually
If the Users have imported CSV file into the vCard file format manually for moving further then, keep these shortcomings in mind.
1. The 2.1 version of vCard is not supported by iCloud.
2. Separate VCF file for each contact is generated in the CSV file.
3. A large number of vCard files become difficult to manage.
Transfer CSV Files to vCard Format Professionally
To avoid all these restrictions, users are advised to use some professional solutions. CSV files to vCard Converter is a great app for the same purpose. It quickly and easily converts CSV to VCF format. This software has been tested with over 40,000 contacts and is fully functional, which means there is no limited number of contacts. For full data migration, users can use the mapping option to map attributes in the CSV file to attributes in vCard. In addition, using three different versions of vCard (v2.1., V3.0., V4.0.) Provided by the tool, the user can select any of them to get the final result. Users can also create a single VCF file for all contacts. By default, a separate VCF file is created for each contact in the process to transfer Excel contacts to iPhone contacts.
Third Step: Convert vCard files to iPhone via iCloud
Users can import the vCard files supported by iCloud to the iPhone just by following the below-mentioned steps in a sequential manner.
1. Log in to your iCloud account by using your credentials.
2. From the home page, select Contacts.
3. Choose the import vCard option from the gear icon.
4. Next, move to the exported vCard file and click on the Open button to begin transferring.
5. Lastly, verify that the vCard files are successfully imported or not.
6. In your iPhone, go to the Settings app.
7. Choose your name and your iCloud account
8. After that, you need to turn on the contacts and click the Merge option to import the contacts from your Excel spreadsheet to your iPhone.
The blog offers a complete and error-free solution to transfer Excel Contacts to iPhone contacts. This is one of the best ways to transfer contacts from excel to iPhone and it can be used by all users without any hassle.