Transfer Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird – This Guide Will Help You
Summary – Here in this article, we are going to illustrate the best possible ways to transfer Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird. So, if you are looking for a way to do this migration, then let me tell you that you are on the right path. Just stay with us till the last and complete the conversion in the right way.
Well is true that Outlook is one of the most used email clients and a huge number of users using this email client for their email needs. But the growing technology forces users to switch their email clients because of its attractive features.
And if we talk about the Thunderbird, then it is leading among all open source email clients hence, many users switching toward it. Along with that in the next section, we will discuss more reasons why users want to transfer Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird.
Reasons to Configure Yahoo Email Account in Thunderbird
As we said above Thunderbird is an open-source and free email client. But along these reasons, there are also some reasons that force users to move toward Mozilla Thunderbird. In this section we are going to discuss some of them:
- Well is true that the majority of the people around the globe likes the older version of Yahoo because it was very user-friendly and simple. But the new updates and new layout of Yahoo, create some continuous issues.
- Due to the new theme or layout, many users are facing difficulties in managing their large number of emails.
- The new Yahoo Mail has been updated with new advanced features to make emailing a fun task. But now in reality, it becomes more difficult for some users who using that application.
- One of the big demerits of Yahoo Mail is that you have to always connect with the internet to assess your emails. Became Yahoo does not provide any offline mode to access emails.
- In Yahoo, you cannot save or backup Yahoo email to any hard drive. On the other hand, you can save your email database in a local drive if you are using Thunderbird.
How to Transfer Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird?
In order to open Yahoo Mail in Thunderbird, then there are two ways to do this task. In the first method, we configure the Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird and in the second method, we will try the professional way to complete this task. Now without wasting so much time lest jump toward the procedure.
Method to Configure Yahoo Account in Thunderbird
Well, users can configure their Yahoo account in Mozilla Thunderbird because it provides is the facility of IMAP and POP3 protocol feature. So to perform this task follow the below steps:
1. First, launch Thunderbird on your machine and go to the Tool option, then Account Setting.
2. From the Account Setting option choose the Add Mail Account option.
3. Now, enter your Yahoo email address and password then click on the Continue button.
4. Select the radio button for IMAP and click on the Manual Config button.
5. Enter the following Port
Incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com /Port: 993 (SSL)
Outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com/Port: 465(SSL)
6. Now click on Re-test to confirm the settings and click on Done to finish the setup.
7. Go to Thunderbird and click on the Get Messages to show all messages.
Alternate Solution Over Manual Approach
Yep, it is true that you can simply transfer Yahoo mail to Thunderbird by using the manual method. But if you have a large size mailbox then it becomes very difficult to complete this task In some cases it will increase the risk of data loss or data duplicates. Also in the case of a large mailbox, this process becomes so time-consuming.
So, ss per the expert advice, you can use an automated way to complete this Mac Yahoo Backup Tool is the best solution to transfer your whole email data form Yahoo to Thunderbird quickly without any data loss
Working Steps of the Tool
1. Firstly, you have to download the software and install it on your machine
2. Run the tool and provide the Yahoo credentials to login
3. Now, select the MBOX format from Export Format
4. Click on the Advance Setting option to apply settings such as date filter, delete after download option, and folder filter
5. Choose the destination path to save the resultant file
6. At last click on the Start Backup option to initiate the process
7. Now once the export process is over then you can simply import the MBOX file to Thunderbird by its default Import wizard
If you want an upgrade and seeking for a way to transfer Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird, then here in the following article, we have discussed all the possible ways to open Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird. Here we have discussed the manual as well as automated ways to complete this task.