Unable to Add AOL Account to Mac Mail – Here’s the Fix
Query: Hi, from the last 2 years I am using AOL Mail for the daily email task. But because it is a web-based email service I have to open a web browser to access all my emails. So, I decided to add my AOL account to Mac Mail but after so many attempts I am unable to add AOL account to Mac Mail. So if anyone knows the appropriate solution to fix this issue, then please suggest it to me.
After reading the above query we have researched more about this issue and we came to the conclusion that there are many AOL users encountering this issue while adding their AOL account to Mac Mail. So, after considering the requirement we have come up with this blog, here we are going to discuss the right way to add AOL Mail to Mac Mail.
An Alternative Way to Fix Unable to Add AOL Account to Mac Mail
Well, if you are not able to open AOL Mail on Mac Mac, then you can try an alternative way to fix this issue. Mac AOL Backup software is an amazing tool that gives you an option to take a backup of AOL Mail in MBOX format.
But the question is why MBOX? Then let me tell you that, Mac Mail supports the MBOX file and when you able to convert AOL Mail email data to MBOX, then you can simply open all your AOL emails into Apple Mail. And this tool can easily do this task in bulk without losing any data integrity.
Moreover, it provides a simple and easy-to-use interface. So, both the technical and non-technical users can operate this tool without any external help.
How to Add AOL Account Mac Using Tool?
If you are unable to add AOL account to Mac Mail then you can do this task by using this tool. Just you have to convert all your AOL Mail emails data into MBOX and then simply import this MBOX file to Apple Mail. And to do this follow the below steps:
#Step 1: Export AOL Email Data to MBOX
1. First, install and run the application on your local machine
2. Now, add the valid AOL account credentials and click on the Login button
3. After that choose the MBOX labeled radio button
4. Check the Apply Advance Setting then click on the Setting button to select the advanced setting
5. After that choose the destination location to save the resultant file
6. At last click on the Start Backup button to initiate the backup
#Step 2: Adding AOL Email Data to Mac Mail
Once the AOL emails data conversion is completed successfully as a result you will get an MBOX file. Now, you have to import this file to Mac Mail, and to do this follow the below steps:
1. Launch Mac Mail on your system and click on the File button.
2. After that choose the Import Mailboxes option
3. Select the MBOX radio button and hit on the Continue button
4. Now, browse the file that was created in step 1 and click on the Choose button
5. At last click on the Done to end the process of adding AOL email to Mac Mail
How to Add AOL Account to Mac Mail?
If you are unable to add AOL account to Mac Mail, then try the below step by step procedure to configure Apple Mail with an AOL account.
1. Open Mac Mail in your dock or in your open it from the Application folder
2. Once the Mac Mail is open navigate to the File option and then click on the Add Account
3. Now, in the General Information window, choose IMAP from the Account Type menu
4. For the Account Description choose AOL Mail
5. Enter your AOL account email address and click on the Continue
6. Now, for the Incoming Mail Server, enter imap.aol.com
7. Enter the username in the User Name field
8. Now, enter your AOL valid Password to add the account and click on the continue
9. For the Outgoing Mail Server, type in smtp.aol.com
10. Now, check that you have added the valid details and Check the Use Authentication box
11. After this enter your Username and Password to add the AOL Mail to Mac Mail and click on the continue button
Also Read: Add Verizon Email to Mac Mail
As we see in the above query the user unable to add AOL account to Mac Mail or unable to validate an AOL account on Apple Mail. So, to resolve this issue, here in this write-up, we have discussed the step by step process to add AOL mail to the Mac Mail. Now if getting any issue while adding an AOL account or you are unable to perform the manual procedure, then in this situation, it is better to choose an above-suggested third-party application to complete this task. However, the last choice is yours.