Import MBOX to Outlook on Mac (2021, 2019, 2016, 2011)
Nowadays, the most common file format used by Mac or Windows email clients is MBOX. A number of applications like Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail, and many more stored their data in .mbox files. Users can easily open Mac MBOX files in all its associated email programs. But sometimes, they like to know how to import MBOX to Outlook Mac.
Since the release of the Outlook email client, users keep moving towards it due to its advanced features. It increases the demand for moving data of MBOX files in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2011 program. Due to the high demand, users still cannot figure out how to open MBOX file on Mac Outlook, as it is not an easy task.
Therefore, in the upcoming segment, we have come up with techniques that can open MBOX file in Outlook for Mac program. So, readers must go through the entire article to know the complete process.
Table of Contents:
How to Import MBOX to Outlook Mac Application?
In this section, users will find out the various techniques that let users understand how to open MBOX file in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2011 Mac. Users only need to do is follow the below-mentioned methods-
- Manual Method
- Automated Proven Method
Automated Method to Open MBOX File on Mac Outlook
To overcome the shortcomings of the manual process, an expert solution that provides a safe and secure conversion. Hence, using this a smart and easy way you will be able to import MBOX to Outlook Mac application.
MBOX to PST converter for Mac is capable to extract mac .mbox file and after that saving in different export options (PST, HTML, PDF, EML, TXT , MSG, EMLX, and CSV file formats). Adding to it, users can easily import multiple MBOX files in desired file format in a matter of minutes.
Or in case, if you have Mac Mail .mbox file then using this software you can import Apple Mail emails to Mac Outlook.
Apart from this, the facility to save the resultant file with various naming conventions is also available. Above all, the tool is compatible with all the latest versions of the Mac operating system.
Quick Steps to Import MBOX to Outlook on Mac
- Run the software on your Mac.
- Click Add Folder and add MBOX files.
- Select PST as the saving option.
- Click Export button to start process.
- Import the PST file to Outlook Mac.
For the screenshots, refer to the following section:
1 – First of all, download and run the above-suggested tool on your Mac machine and click Add File or Add Folder.
2 – Now, just select and open the MBOX file in the software.
3 – After that, choose the PST format from the given option on the software along with the folder hierarchy option.
4 – In this step, apply Advance Settings for the resultant file supported by Outlook.
5 – At last, mouse-click Export to begin the process of file converting to import MBOX to Outlook Mac.
6 – So, when you get all the data of the MBOX file into a PST format, you can simply import this file on your Mac Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2011.
Manual Way to Import Mac MBOX File to Outlook
This technique requires Apple Mail (Mac Mail) and Outlook for Mac email client. Adding to it, there is a requirement for the installation of Outlook Express and the Eudora Mail application. This workaround has been divided into three parts. So, users make sure to follow each and every instruction sequentially to import MBOX to Outlook Mac.
How Does the Manual Process Work?
Step 1: Import File in Eudora Program
- At very first, make sure that the file has .mbx extension, if not then change it from .mbox to .mbx
- Next, transfer the file to the default location where Eudora stored its data. It would be
‘C:\Documents and Settings\ Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora’
- Afterwards, start the Eudora Mail client and double-click the .mbox file in order to open it
- Now, close the application.
Step 2: Import File from Eudora to Outlook Express on Mac
- Now, open Outlook Express program
- Next, click on File >> Import >> Messages
- After that, select the Eudora program from the resultant list
- Browse the Eudora location where the .mbx files are stored
- Finally, click on OK >> Next >> Next >> Finish
Step 3: Import File from Outlook Express to Outlook Mac
- Start the Mac Outlook program
- Click on the File tab. Then, select Open >> Import
- From the Import and Export Wizard, choose Import Internet Mail and Addresses from the given list. Then, click on Next
- Now, select the Outlook Express option
- Make sure that the Import mail option is selected and click on Next
- Finally, click on Finish
Limitations of Manual Method for Mac System
- This entire method will require the installation and configuration of multiple email clients on your Mac machine.
- Moreover, it consists of a number of steps that consume lots of time to import MBOX to Outlook Mac.
- Also, this manual methods is not a feasible choice for opening large Mac .mbox files to Outlook for Mac.
Importing MBOX Files into Outlook Mac
- Set up Outlook on the Mac computer that is being used to access the MBOX files.
- Import the file in Apple Mail and select the emails and save them in EML format
- In Outlook, create anew folder to import these files.
- Drag and drop the locally stored files into Outlook.
Many times users need to open MBOX file in Outlook for Mac application. Usually, they do not know how to import MBOX to Outlook Mac. In the above section, we have discussed two different methods for importing MBOX files into Mac Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2011. However, the manual procedure is not the best way and leads to many complications. Thus, choosing a result-oriented automated tool is a risk-free method. Also, we recommend you use its free trial version because of its various features and decide on your own.
Q. How can I convert MBOX files to PST format on Mac?
Answer: You can convert MBOX files to PST format on Mac using the recommended software. Open the application, select the MBOX file you want to convert, choose the PST format, and save the converted file.
Q. Can I import PST file into Outlook on Mac?
Answer: Yes, you can import the PST file to Outlook on Mac by using the Import function in Outlook.
- Open Outlook on your Mac.
- Go to the File menu and select Import.
- Choose Outlook for Windows archive file (.pst) and click Continue.
- Browse and select the PST file you want to import.
- Choose the items you want to import and click on the Import button.
Q. Will importing files affect my email account settings?
Answer: No, importing MBOX files to Outlook on Mac will not affect your email account settings. It only processes the email messages and creates a new file containing these emails in a different format on your Mac. It has nothing to do with account settings.