Convert MBOX to HTML – A Look At The Basics
Converting one file format to another is not as easy as simply renaming the file extensions. It is a task if not done properly may even corrupt the entire MBOX data. So what to do when a user wants to convert MBOX to HTML without missing a single attribute in the process? No need to worry! There are ways to do this in a flawless manner. And in this article, we will provide you with elaborate steps to get through the file conversion.
Want to Convert a File or Dozens At Once?
The first and foremost course of action is to understand your own requirements. If you only need to convert a single file, some online tools can help. However, if large MBOX files are in the mix or the number of files required for conversion is more, then even the online services recommend to download software applications. After all, they are comparatively faster and can process a large number of files at once. Once we are clear about the needs, its time to choose software that can actually get this task done without any inconsistencies.
Choosing the Right Solution for MBOX to HTML Conversion
Once the requirements are done, look for a tool that can fulfill those requirements. The basic necessities of any software are its performance, speed, reliability, and usability. The converter for Mac MBOX fits this role perfectly as it can convert MBOX to HTML along with 5 other file formats: PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, PDF.
It is great performance-wise as it supports the conversion of multiple MBOX files in batch. This also reduces the overall time required for the overall process to complete. The software is fast and easy to use with its intuitive interface. It also ensures that no attributes or formatting is lost during the entire conversion process, thus making it a reliable piece of software.
A How-to Guide on the Entire Process
- First, download the MBOX to HTML converter below and install it in your Mac system.
- Open the tool and click on Add Folder to choose the MBOX files in bulk.
- Once the MBOX files are added into the software, click Next to proceed to the next screen.
- Choose the HTML file format from the list of export options given.
- Click on Advanced Settings to apply naming convention and date filters for email messages, then click the Save button.
- Afterward, click on the Change button and set the folder where you wish to save the HTML files, then click OK.
- Finally, click the Export button to start converting MBOX files to HTML format.
- Once done, click OK on the confirmation window.
- Now, click on View Report to open the location where all the process reports are saved.
- This report contains the source file path, destination path, status, number of emails, etc. Simply copy and open the destination location to view the converted HTML files.
Note: All the attachments are extracted and saved separately. You can choose to save them or delete them at your own wish.
There are some alternatives to this method. But both of them requires Thunderbird email client.
- Start Mozilla Thunderbird on Windows
- Install ImportExportTools add on
- Import the MBOX file in Thunderbird
- Select the emails, right-click, choose ‘Save Selected Message’, click HTML format.
- That’s it.
It uses the same concept as the earlier one to convert MBOX to HTML.
- Start Thunderbird.
- Install ImportExport addon
- Import .mbox file.
- Select messages, right-click, and save messages as HTML files.
- That’s it
Not all file conversions are as straightforward as saving a word document in PDF format. In fact, even in this case, you require an external application such as MS Word or an online service to do this. But is this the way to go about MBOX to HTML conversion? No, it isn’t. That’s why we defined an elaborate method that requires a converter software to complete this task in a flawless manner.