How to Migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail Step by Step?
When it comes to migration from a Gmail account to Amazon Workmail, then the first thing is that Gmail is a free email service. On the other hand, the AWS WorkMail is a service that deals with or manages business emails and calendars. So, if in case, you are planning to migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail then you should go through this article. Here, we will be providing all the solutions that help you to understand the needs and migration process properly.
To understand how this works systematically, first, let’s focus on some Users Query-
Just like this user, if you’re having an issue while transferring your data from your Gmail account, then the next section will help you out.
Table of Content
How to Migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail Account?
As such, there is no manual solution that provides migration for multiple Gmail accounts. Therefore, in such cases, the MacWareTools IMAP Migration Software comes as the best solution. This tool will easily let you add any host name and even multiple accounts at the same, time and you can simply perform the migration.
Moreover, it is capable enough to migrate a large number of emails along with their attachment from Gmail account to Amazon WorkMail. If in case, you’re using the latest version of the Mac machine, then this is the best one to go for. As you can run this software for migration on all versions of Mac machines.
During and after migration, the data is important, so keeping this thing in mind, the top experts designed this tool so it won’t affect any data.
Top Highlighted Pinpoints of the Software
There are multiple features that you get in this software for secure migration, such as-
- Migration Newly Gmail Emails – In case, you have already migrated but need to migrate new Gmail emails to AWS. Then there is an option that automated software provides in the form of delta migration feature. That will migrate only newly received messages after the first export. In short, it will make the task easier once you transfer emails from Gmail to Amazon Workmail mailbox without any duplicates.
- Folder Structure – This automated tool is the best tool that can preserve the folder structure and all metadata equally during the migration process. Thus, the folder structure will remain the same even after the migration is complete.
- Exclude/Insert Folders – If you want to exclude certain folders, such as Sent Items, Spam/Bulk/Junk, and Deleted Items from your Gmail account then this tool is best to opt.
- Check Migration Status – While using this software, you can simply view the ongoing migration process report or status as in progress and completed entry.
- Apply date-filter – If you need to migrate some emails from Gmail mailbox to AWS on a selective basis. Then, this tool helps in this task to selectively migrate messages according to a time period with date filter feature.
- Save Summary Reports – Once you complete the process to migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail, it provides a report for the same task. Finally, therefore, you can save the summary report or the detailed report at any location on your local computer.
Quick Steps to Migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail
- Download tool and install on PC.
- Select Gmail account and Validate it.
- Choose Amazon WorkMail as target.
- Apply additional filters to customize.
- Click Start Migration to start the process on PC.
Detail Guide to Use the Software Step by Step
Download this migrator software on any Mac system version. Then, you need to follow the following steps to complete the migration-
- Read the instructions from the initial screen of the software, ensure that they are all complete, click on the Continue icon to proceed.
- Now, in the Source IMAP Account select the Gmail and User Name and App Password of the required user, click on Validate icon.
- Choose the Destination IMAP Account as the Amazon WorkMail option from the drop down list, and provide the credentials including user name and app password. For account validation, tap on the Validate button the target account.
- Now, you will get the Users Mapping List on the screen, in case you want to migrate multiple accounts, then select Add option. And again validate those accounts by performing above steps.
- After that, select the Advance Settings as necessary before moving further with the migration process, here apply Date filter for only selective emails.
- At last, mouse-click the Start Migration icon from the screen to migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail on the system. The software will begin the process immediately, where you can also check the on-going process including total number of emails & failure.
- Once the procedure completes, it will show you a completion message on the screen, tap OK button, where you can check the complete status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- How do I forward Gmail Emails to AWS?
Simply migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail account:
- Download, run the Tool on PC.
- For source account, select Gmail.
- Select Amazon WorkMail as destination.
- Click Start Migration to initiate process.
Q- Can you forward Gmail to another email address?
To forward email only, in your Gmail account go to See All Settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. In the “Forwarding” section, click the Add a forwarding address icon to add the required account. Provide the email address you want to forward messages to and click the Next button. This will start the process the next time you receive email in your Gmail, emails will be forwarded to the added account as well.
Q- How do I my Inbox emails from Gmail to Amazon WorkMail?
Download the tool and provide user credentials for both source and target accounts, set filters and start migration on desktop.
Q- How do I export my official emails from Gmail account?
In this case, Download your Gmail email data
- Just log into your Gmail account > takeout.google.com to access data page.
- Select Mail option from the list.
- Then, choose the destination, frequency and file type.
- Finally, click “Create export” icon to get the link.
- Download the link in zip format from your email.
In this article, we have discussed about how you can migrate Gmail to AWS WorkMail on your local computer. So, for doing this task without hampering any data, we have shared the best-automated method. The solution is tested by the top experts and can easily operate by any user. So, using this tool to perform the migration is quite simple and quick for different accounts.