How to Print Secured PDF File on Mac – Unlock Print Option
Do you want to know how to print a secured PDF file on Mac? Then, you are in the right place. In this blog, we will be discussing about a proven solution that allow you to print password protected PDF on Mac.
You have an encrypted PDF that can be read but cannot be printed. And it contains some crucial information or images that you need. That is why you would have thought for making a hard copy. But apparently you can’t because of a print restriction in the PDF file.
User Query: My manager has given me multiple PDF files that is important to make a presentation. However, I need to print them as well. But, those files are secured with passwords. In the absence of the manager I have to complete this task, as it is urgent. Now, the thing is I don’t know how to print a secured PDF without password on Mac desktop. Can anyone share me some reference to process this task. It would be a great help if anyone knows the way t to printing encrypted PDFs.
Just like this user, there may be multiple users who may be looking for a way to print those PDFs which has some encryption.
Why is My Secured PDF Not Printing?
If you’ve ever tried to print a secured PDF on your Mac and encountered issues, you’re not alone. Many users face this dilemma, wondering why their secured PDFs won’t print as expected. Here, we’ll shed light on some common reasons behind this problem.
1. Insufficient Permissions:
One of the primary reasons your secured PDF may not be printing is due to insufficient permissions. PDFs can be secured with various restrictions, such as preventing printing, copying, or editing.
Check: Check the PDF’s permissions by opening it and navigating to the File menu, then selecting Properties or Document Properties. In the Security tab, you can view the document’s restrictions. Check if print is allowed or not.
Solution 1: If you have the password to modify permissions, you can adjust these settings in Adobe Acrobat Pro itself. Check Method 2 for Steps
Solution 2: If you do not have the password to modify permissions, you can use the Expert software to bypass these restrictions. Check Method 1 for steps
2. Password-Protected Printing:
Some secured PDFs do not open, let alone print. If your issue is with unable to access the document itself resulting in not being able to print the file, then you first need to enter this password.
Solution: Open the file and enter the password in the password prompt. If you want to permanently remove it, refer to Method 1.
3. Corrupted PDF File:
A corrupted PDF file can cause printing problems. If the file is damaged, it may not function as expected, even if it’s secured.
Check: In Adobe, go to Print, Advance Settings and choose Print as image. If print is successful, then there is a problem with the PDF data i.e., it may be corrupt.
Solution: Try opening the PDF with a different PDF reader or repair the file using PDF recovery software.
How to Print Secured PDF File?
The expert solution to know how to print a protected PDF document on Mac without compromising layout structure is MacWareTools PDF Unlocker Tool. Now, you must be thinking why this tool is the best. Or why should I use third-party software in the first place?
BECAUSE this tool DOES NOT require a permission password. Yes, you read it right, you can print protected PDF file without the need of owner password but you can even copy a text from secured PDF on Mac.
Actually, PDF can be secure in two ways: either you make a PDF document password-protected so that nobody can’t open it. Secondly, you put some kind of restrictions in the PDF that jam some of the activities in the PDF file. And normally, the print issue occurs because the second way.
This tool remove password protection from PDF file without needing a permission password so that it will be easy for you to print the PDF document.
Want to experience the amazing functionalities of this tool? Download ITS FREE TRIAL VERSION NOW:
- The output PDFs will have a company’s watermark when you try to print secured PDF file since its meant for demo only. To avoid this, get its license key for Mac.
- It even helps you when the PDF file content copying is not allowed.
- Moreover, the Adobe Acrobat Installation is NOT required.
- Also, just make sure you have JDK & JRE 8 in your Mac system.
Now, let’s know the working of this tool in detail to know it in a better way.
Steps to Print a Password Protected PDF File on Mac?
Download and install the tool in your Mac system to eliminate print restrictions. And follow these below steps to print password protected PDF file using the software:
- First of all, you can choose either Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) to add multiple PDF files at once.
- If the file requires a password to open it, then type that password in the provided box. If the file has no password to open, but still cannot print the document, then simply move the next step.
- You can also directly print protected PDF, with the “Print” option. Or simply save the PDF while removing the print issue with the “Save” option.
- After that, hit the Unlock button to initiate the process for moving further with the task of printing.
- Eventually, the job is done by clicking OK.
The Tool Has Been Upgraded With New Features
This tool is designed after taking inputs from the users to make the better version of the tool to printing a secured PDF Mac. With all the feedbacks they re-designed this tool with an easy-to-use UI/UX with superior functioning to give you remarkable results. Some of the very best features are:
1. The tool eliminates all these kinds of issues to allow you to print password protected PDF on Mac. The issues it removes are as follows:
- Changing the document
- Document Assembly
- Content Copying
- Content copying for accessibility
- Page Extraction
- Filling of Form Fields
- Creation of Template Pages
2. Moreover, this is the powerful tool for handling a large number of PDF files and folders on Mac OS at once to save your time.
3. Removes unknown Permission password and known User password.
4. Eliminates restrictions from all kinds of encryption and advanced encrypted PDFs. So you don’t have to care about the PDF encryption.
5. Compatible with all Mac OS X versions: 10.8 and above.
How to Print a Secured PDF on Mac Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?
In a situation where you know the permission password, you can just remove the print restriction using Adobe Acrobat Pro. This is an all-in-one utility that lets you create, edit, store, collect signatures, export PDF. Along with this, it allows you to read & print a PDF.
But, remember Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will NOT WORK if you have FORGOTTEN the password.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to print a protected PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on your Mac and open the PDF file that you cannot print.
- Once the PDF is open, navigate to the File menu and click on Properties or Document Properties.
- Now, go to the Security tab and select No security in the dropdown menu.
- Then, enter the permission password and confirm it
- Select Print from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + P to open the Print dialogue.
- In the Print dialogue box, select the printer and successfully print the PDF file.
This tool is an accurate solution to know how to print a secured PDF file on Mac instantly. Which gives you the freedom to do anything in the PDF document. Also, don’t miss out on the chance to get an amazing features that you get with the tool to print a locked PDF file on Mac desktop. Using them you can easily make the PDF file free from any password protection and then just print it.
Q. What to do if I cannot open the PDF file and have forgotten the password?
Ans. Then, we recommend searching for a password recovery program since neither Adobe nor our software can recover it for you.
Q. The Print option is greyed out and the shortcut does not work for the opened PDF. What to do?
Ans. It means that the PDF cannot be printed because of certain restrictions. We recommend using Adobe (method 2) if you know the owner-level password or our software (method 1) if you unaware of it.