Transfer iCloud Email to Gmail – Free and Intelligent Methods
User Query: I want to transfer iCloud email to Gmail but I’m not able to find the right method I think. The methods that I have found do not export emails in bulk and I need to perform bulk migration. Is there any quick solution? If so, please mention.
We have found several queries like the one given above seeing people struggle for the right solution.
If you are one of them, your struggle is now over. This blog will walk you through the best method to import iCloud email to Gmail.
The reasons behind migration are multiple, users can be transferring for any of their own:
- Less storage space issue since iCloud offers only 5 GB of space.
- To manage the emails on both the accounts.
- If there are emails that you need to send or access over Gmail.
- For keeping the data there as a backup.
And various more.
Let’s find out the methods for this procedure in the upcoming segments.
How is it Possible to Transfer iCloud Email to Gmail?
There are two simple methods that one can use for the migration process.
In the manual method, you will be performing the transfer directly from the Gmail account.
However, there are certain barriers that you may encounter using the manual approach as described later.
If you do not want to fall into the situation where you face troubles like delay in the process or more, you can use the intelligent method.
It will make all the limitations go away and help you with a simple process to import iCloud email to Gmail.
You can find both the methods explained in the same order in the next sections. Look at them, understand the steps, and choose the one you find suitable for your situation.
Steps of the Manual Method to Migrate Data
1. Go to your Gmail account and click on the Settings gear beside the Search bar.
2. Choose the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
3. You will be redirected to another page. Click on the Account and Import option and choose Import mail and contacts button.
4. To transfer iCloud email to Gmail, you need to enter the iCloud id in the asked field and move further.
5. Now, fill in the iCloud IMAP Settings and press the Next button.
6. Then, choose the Import Mail option from the given list and click on the Import button.
The process will be completed and your emails will be transferred easily.
Seems like a very simple procedure, right? Well, it is.
Yet, there are some things that you should be concerned about while using the manual approach as explained below.
Manual Barriers to Import iCloud Email to Gmail
There are no email filter options to export selective email messages from a certain time duration.
It is a possibility that this process may take up to 2 days to be completed depending on the data that you are importing.
You do not have the liberty to choose the folders from the mailbox that you want to export emails from.
Even though it is a quick and simple method, getting data in Gmail can take up a lot of time becoming a time-consuming process.
Intelligent Method to Transfer iCloud Email to Gmail
The easiest way to export the data files and overcome the manual drawbacks is the iCloud Email Backup Tool.
With the help of this tool, you can have the best experience at data migration which is generally a hardship for some users.
This software allows you to export the data is many file formats including PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, & EMLX.
Moreover, the features offered make the software even more suitable a choice for the users.
Let’s take a look at the steps before heading to the features.
Import iCloud Email to Gmail Using the Software
1. Run the tool and enter the details for your iCloud account and press Login.
2. Go to the Select E-mail format section to choose the format and click on the Apply Advance Settings button to export selective data.
3. Mark the checkboxes beside the filters and use them as required. Options to Include or Exclude folders are also given.
4. Click on the Browse button to fill in the destination location of the files to be exported.
5. Hit the Start button to transfer iCloud email to Gmail.
With the help of these steps, you now have the files saved locally. These can be imported to Gmail account without any troubles now.
Key Features of the Software for a Successful Process
- Naming Convention option providing different naming patterns
- Incremental backup feature to arrive newly received emails
- Date-filter option to set a specific time-duration for selective transfer
- Allows to remove unnecessary folders such as Sent, Trash, Draft folder
- Include and Exclude folders and sub-folders while you import iCloud email to Gmail
- Maintains the folder structure even after migrating the data files
- Delete after Download option to export emails & remove them from mailbox
- Provides the option to Split PST into smaller parts to avoid corruption
- Supports migration on Mac OS X 10.8 and all the new versions
For those who have no idea how they can import the files they have received using the tool can move to the next section.
How to Import Converted Files to Gmail to Transfer iCloud Email to Gmail?
Now, to complete this procedure, you need to download the PST to G Suite Migration Tool.
The software exports data to the paid version of Gmail only.
This utility has simple and quick steps as discussed below:
1. Download the tool and click on the Add File(s) button to upload the files.
2. Fill in the credentials for your Gmail account and validate it.
3. Choose the Mail checkbox and apply the filters for it.
4. Press the Export button to complete the procedure.
There are various users who use iCloud for exchanging data over emails. Some of the users want to transfer iCloud email to Gmail because of the less storage space offered by iCloud.
You can use either of the methods explained here to export the data files. Choose the most suitable solution that seems best for your case.