How to Backup Yahoo Contacts On Mac – A Complete Tutorial
As we know contacts in Yahoo Mail or other email programs are very important to send email to any recipient. So, it is good to create a good backup of all those contacts on a safe location in the system and this blog explained the method to backup Yahoo contacts.
This is so, whenever the contacts will be deleted from the Yahoo account, users can restore address book from the backup file. Although, the problem is users do not know how to backup their contacts on the local system. This situation can be understood by some real life scenarios.
“Please help! I am going to shutdown my Yahoo account. Professionally, I am working as a freelancer. So, I have lots of contacts in my Yahoo account. Now, I need to export all of them on my local drive. I am currently working on macOS Sierra on my iMac. Could someone tell me how to create Yahoo contacts backup on Mac system easily?”
Saving address book on Mac system is a very easy task performed with a manual technique. In this technical guide, we are going to show you how to download your contacts as backup without any trouble.
Tip: If you are searching for a method that can backup only your emails on Mac platform, then use Mac Yahoo Backup Tool. It is an impeccable software that smoothly downloads all the Yahoo mail messages in various file formats including PST, EML, MBOX, EMLX, MSG file format on Mac system. It supports all the latest Mac Operating system.
Steps to Backup Yahoo Contacts to Mac OS X Using Export Option
In the following section, readers will understand a method that use to create backup of your address book. So, let’s check how to perform this.
- Open any browser and type Yahoo Mail in the search bar.
- Next, type the Yahoo email address from which you want to import the contacts. Then, click on Next button.
- After that, type the password associated with email ID and click on Sign in.
- Once the account is opened, navigate to Mail icon and click on it.
- Click on Contact icon from the left side pane for Yahoo contacts backup as shown in the screenshot.
- Next, you can either select single contact or entire address book.
- After that, click on ‘…’ and select Export from the drop-down menu.
- An Export Contacts page prompt on the screen, it provides following options:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Yahoo CSV
- vCard Single File
- vCard, Zip of .vcf files
Select any of the options as per convenience and click on Export Now button to initiate the process.
- Then, this backup Yahoo contacts process starts downloading a file that comprises of the contacts list.
- Once it is completed successfully, open the file.
Consequences Associated with Manual Technique
If you are going to use traditional workaround, then you must know the limitations associated with it.
1. Suppose you download the 70 contacts as vCard Single file. When you open the file, a single contact appears on the screen. When you close that contact, the second contact pops-up on the screen.
So, each time when users try to close the contact screen, up-to 70 new contacts open on the screen each time using this Yahoo contacts backup method. Seriously, this way makes it very annoying. To stop this process, users need to close the program from the task manager.
2. If an Organization export yahoo contacts, then the manual workaround is not beneficial for him. Because if any loss of internet connection happens during the process, then it will start from the beginning. And, companies cannot afford to follow a long-sequence of steps.
In this technical post, we have covered a complete procedure to backup Yahoo contacts with the help of pictorial representation. Nowadays, it is important to keep a copy of webmail account data items on the local system.
Because hackers always trying to find any loophole in the Yahoo account and get the access of it. So, if you have a backup of data items, then you can restore it any disastrous situation.