How to Open Mac OLM File in Windows Outlook Instantly?
Outlook is a cross-platform email client that runs on both Windows and Mac machines. Outlook users can change their platform without changing their email client. But the problem arises when they need to transfer data from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. As we all know, Mac Outlook saves data in OLM format while the data file type for Microsoft Outlook is called PST. To resolve this tricky issue, this write-up will share how to open OLM file in Windows. Here we will learn to open OLM file not only in Windows Outlook but also in other Windows email clients.
Import Mac OLM to Windows OS – User Queries
“I became kind of bored with Mac machine and therefore, planning to switch to Windows system. However, I will continue using Outlook even in Windows OS. But my real worry is about the Mac Outlook data. I want to transfer that data to my new Windows Outlook, but OLM is not compatible with Windows. Please tell me how can I open OLM files on Windows Outlook?”
“I came across some OLM files that I need to open and investigate. But I use a Windows operating system and do not have Outlook installed either. It would be really helpful if I can open my Mac OLM files on Thunderbird. In order to do that, I have to convert MAC Outlook OLM file to Thunderbird MBOX. I have no clue how to do this. Can anyone help me by letting me know ways to open OLM file in Windows?”
How to Open OLM File in Windows Outlook?
OLM files cannot be opened in Windows manually. Therefore, users need to take the help of different third-party tools. Here, we will show you how to open OLM file in Windows Outlook by importing Mac Outlook OLM file into Windows email client file formats.
For that, the Mac OLM File Converter is the best program you can go for. This will help you to import Mac OLM file in Windows Outlook or any other Windows supported email client. For that, just download it on your operating machine of any version. After that, it’s easy to use GUI will initiate the process without any interruption in your data.
Apart from that, there are multiple features that will allow you to import OLM file into Mac Mail. You can even use this self-operated tool for importing .olm file into Microsoft 365. On top of this, if you just want to export calendars from Outlook Mac in batch then it is also possible.
Guide to Import Mac OLM Files into Windows Outlook
Download and install the mentioned utility on your Mac machine. Follow this guideline to perform this entire procedure without any hurdle –
- Then, launch the software on your operating machine.
- After that, mouse-click on Add File or Add Folder button depending on your need
- Select the OLM file or folder from its location and click on Open option
- The software window will show the added file on the screen. After that, click on the Next button
- On the next page, select the option depending on the supported file of your email client. For example, if you want to open it on Windows Outlook, select PST format. You can also choose to Maintain a folder hierarchy
- If you wish to import only selective OLM data, you can input the date range here. Apply Advance settings on the file, like categories or date filter, etc
- Select the directory path by clicking on the Change button.
- Now, click on the Export button to open OLM file in Windows
- Users will get a confirmation message when the data process is done on the screen
- If users want, they can click on View Report and view the complete report that has been saved already.
- Users can go to the location and find the PST file.
- They can later transfer the PST file to the Windows machine using a USB Pen drive.
Import PST to MS Outlook for Windows
- Open Windows Outlook on your Windows PC/ laptop.
- Click on the File ribbon. Select Open & Export >> Import/ Export.
- After doing this, the Import and Export Wizard will appear. Choose Import from another program or file >> Next
- Just after that, tap on the Outlook Data File (.pst) >> Next.
- Later on, click on Browse to go to the location where you have that imported PST file stored. Select that PST file and you will see it got included in the wizard. Choose the option according to your choice and click Next.
- Now, select the radio button beside Import items into the current folder option.
- At last, mouse-click the Finish button and the PST file will get imported into Windows Outlook. Now you can open these files on your Windows system.
Open OLM File in Windows – Wrap Up
In this write-up, we discussed how to open OLM file on Windows Outlook. Users can follow the guideline mentioned here and perform the conversion seamlessly. Though there are many similar applications available, this tool contains the most useful features. The best thing is that you can run this tool on your Mac machine of any latest or old versions. This tool allows users to import the Mac OLM file into different Windows based email clients. If you want to open your Mac Outlook OLM file in Windows Outlook without any trouble, choose this software.