Solution to Convert Outlook Email to HTML
Summary- Like other users, you are also looking for a method to convert Outlook email to HTML. You should not need to worry we are here to solve your queries with the help of this blog. Before going further let’s understand the reason behind why we need to convert emails to HTML format.
Why users need to Save Outlook Email as HTML
- HTML file format is more compatible with numerous computing devices.
- Easy to protect from unauthorized access and data spill.
- After converting emails to HTML you can open them in any browser.
- Once you are done with HTML conversion, now you can access them offline as well.
- HTML allows for rich formatting, font changes, images, and colors to enhance the visual representation of messages you share with others.
- HTML files are much more flexible to edit using various web development tools.
How to Convert Outlook Email to HTML Manually?
Microsoft Outlook offers a built-in save as HTML file format option. Here you can convert MS Outlook email into HTML format directly. As this manual method is free to use but it also comes with limitations as well.
Here are the following steps to convert Outlook email to HTML:-
- Open MS Outlook on your device and select the email you want to convert.
- Now click on the “File” from the left corner of Outlook.
- After that click on “Save As” from the menu option.
- Select the “HTML” format from the dialog box.
- Confirm the destination location to save the HTML file.
- Lastly, click on the “Save” option to save Outlook email.
Drawbacks of the Manual method
This manual method offers to save Outlook Email as HTML effortlessly. But this method fails at some point to convert MS Outlook emails in bulk. This manual method only converts one email to HTML at a time and cannot convert emails in bulk. Moreover, some old versions of MS Outlook did not provide the option to convert email to HTML format.
Convert Outlook Email to HTML Technically
MS Outlook creates two types of accounts POP3 and IMAP, this type of account saves Outlook data files in .pst file format and .ost file format respectively. It is up to users which file format they want to convert to HTML format. Here we will discuss both methods to convert emails.
Method 1: Save Outlook Email to HTML (.pst file format)
Here you can convert MS Outlook emails to HTML format. Download the PST Converter tool to convert PST file format to HTML. This tool holds the capability to convert orphaned .pst files as well.
Follow the below steps to complete the process.
- Download the tool on your device.
- Click on the Add file option to add PST files.
- Now click on the HTML option from the panel.
- Select the Advance Settings option and apply filters according to yourself.
- Click on the Export option to convert the file format into HTML.
- Lastly, you will get converted HTML files in the destination location.
Method 2: How to Convert Outlook Email to HTML? (.ost file format)
The Mac OST Converter Software is an automated tool that works instantly. This tool can convert .ost files into bulk without any limitations. Moreover, it also converts large, damaged, orphaned, and password-protected OST files. This tool did not limit the features here it also provides a date range filter to select and convert the particular .ost files so you do not get confused.
Download the tool mentioned above and follow the steps to convert Outlook email to HTML.
- Install the software on your device.
- Add OST files by selecting the Add Files and Add Folder options.
- After that select the HTML export option from the list and also set the Advance Settings according to your choice.
- Select the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option to the maintain same folder order.
- In the end, you will get converted HTML files.
Some Advance Features Of This Tool
- This utility also converts OST files into EMLX, MBOX, MSG, PDF, CSV, EML, CSV, TXT, ICS, and VCF formats.
- Tool cable to convert single and bulk OST files in one go. Moreover, if by mistake you added the wrong .ost files this tool provides options to Remove and Remove All options to clear unwanted .ost files.
- Also, have the option to convert OST data items like notes, calendars, emails, attachments, contacts, etc.
- No security concerns of your personal or official data. This tool is tested and approved by the technical specialist.
In the above blog, we have mentioned the detailed method to convert Outlook email to HTML (either into PST or OST file format). Here you can select manual and technical approaches to complete the process. The manual method offers limited features to convert HTML files. On the other side, the technical method provides a more effective and instant method to save emails. It’s up to users which method they find efficient to use.
Que- Why should I use a manual approach?
Ans- Because this method is a cost-effective solution. However, this method did not provide more features to complete the conversion process. So here you can use a third-party tool.
Que- Can I able to maintain the attachments hierarchy while converting the files?
Ans- While converting Outlook email to HTML manually. It only focuses on the data, and unfortunately, you can lose the attachment’s original location.
Que- There are any size limitations for emails while using the manual method?
Ans- Yes there is, while converting very large emails with many attachments may take you time. And maybe it can lose some of your data while converting.