How to Import Mail from eM Client to Thunderbird Application?
There are plenty of eM Client emails that you may want to use in some free email clients. However, there are multiple free applications but the Mozilla Thunderbird is still on the top. Therefore, most users like you prefer to convert eM Client to Thunderbird email client. So, in this article, we will provide you with the direction to execute this process.
There are multiple add-ons are available in the Thunderbird application. These add-ons help to enhance the functionality of the app even further. Moreover, Mozilla is free, open-source, and works on multiple desktop platforms easily.
How to Convert eM Client to Thunderbird Manually?
There is a manual method available that you can go for accessing all emails from em Client into the desktop-based Thunderbird application. For this, follow the below steps-
- Launch the eM Client application first on your computer on respective operating system
- After that, navigate to the Menu and select File >> Export option
- While doing so, the Export window will pop up, and here choose the “Export to .eml files” option
- You can mark the required eM Client folders to export or select all options and then choose a location to store the file
- Finally, mouse-click the Finish button to get the data on the computer from eM Client.
- As of now, all the selected eM Client mail folders are exported in EML files.
Import Email from eM Client to Mozilla Thunderbird
Once you get the .eml file on your computer, in the next step, you can import them into Thunderbird. For that, you just need to drag the EML file from the stored location and drop it into Mozilla Thunderbird.
Repeat this step for every message, again and again to access them all in Thunderbird.
Convert eM Client to Thunderbird in Bulk Professionally
As with the above method, you will need to drag and drop each message every time. Therefore, to cut this long procedure short. We have come up with the smart Mac IMAP Backup Software. Using this software you can easily export emails from eM Client in bulk and import them into Thunderbird.
Moreover, this eM Client Backup Tool will never impose any file size limitation while executing this task. So, you just need to add the hostname of the active eM Client account and convert multiple emails.
In addition, you can apply advanced features for the resulting file as per the requirements. However, this application will never change any data or folder hierarchy during the process.
Top Integrated Function of Advanced Tool
- Export New Emails from eM Client – There is an in-built feature named as Incremental Backup that helps to export the newly arrived emails from eM Client. When this feature is enabled you get the facility to convert only new eM Client mail emails to prevent any duplicates.
- Bulk Messages Conversion – Here, you can easily convert eM Client to Thunderbird application in bulk. Yes, this advanced utility will help you to perform the conversion in bulk. So, you will not be required to drag one email at a time. Eventually, it helps in saving a lot of time.
- Different Formats Availability – If you need to store the emails from eM Client in some other format then this tool is good to go. As this software helps you to check other file formats as well. Along with the different file formats availability, this application has multiple features as well. So, just choose PDF, MBOX, HTML, EML, TXT, EMLX, MSG, other formats to export your eM Client database emails.
- Simple GUI Interface – This software has a simple user Graphic interface to execute the task on a desktop. With the help of an easy interface, even the non-technical user can access it and convert required eM Client emails into any format. The fact is the entire process will be safe and secure with all the data intact.
Steps to Import Email from eM Client to Thunderbird
Download the mentioned software first on the desktop. Then, follow these easy steps to know the working –
- From the initial screen, select the Other option from IMAP Host and provide the User Id and Password of the eM Client account
- In the next screen, mark the MBOX Format from the Select Export Type section to export the required data
- You can apply additional filters by tapping the Advance Settings for the Date Range
- Afterwards, navigate to the location on the computer for the output file and hit the Change icon
- Eventually, hit the Start Backup option at last for moving further with convert eM Client to Thunderbird process.
As a result, you can go to the location on the desktop that you selected to store the output file. Once you get the file, you can import this file in the Mozilla Thunderbird application easily.
Import Output MBOX File into Mozilla Thunderbird
You can easily access this file in your Thunderbird application on any operating system. For doing this, you need to take the help of the ImportExportTools NG. To know the procedure, follow the steps-
- First of all, just download and Install the “ImportExportTools NG” add-on
- Now, go to the Tools option in menu >> “ImportExportTools NG” option >> “Import MBOX file”
- Afterwards, from the File MBOX Import wizard, check the “Import directly one or more MBOX files” option
- Browse the file location where you have stored the MBOX file and choose the desired files. To finish it, tap on the Open button and access the files in Mozilla Thunderbird.
That’s it, you’re done with the process of all the eM Client data you have got in the Thunderbird application.
This article is all about moving from one desktop-based email client to another, but that is a free one. So, here, we have provided the solution to convert eM Client to Thunderbird application. For this, we have shared all possible ways that will be helpful and you can try on. If you have plenty of time then you can go with the manual method to import email from eM Client to Thunderbird. But, in case, if you want to do it as earliest possible then go with the suggested software. For more information or to try it before you can get its free demo version.