Import Outlook Contacts to Mac Address Book – Methods to Export
Summary: This blog discusses the most searched query “how to import Outlook contacts to Mac Address Book”. Here, you will get to know about two methods that will resolve this query easily. Using them you can export Outlook contacts to Mac. So let’s start.
Contacts plays a major role nowadays for communication and sharing information for any purpose. So, exporting contacts from Windows to Mac OS is very common. Similarly, most of the users wants to import contacts from Outlook to Mac. However, the import Outlook contacts to Mac task is not easy because it involves two different platform migration.
However, there can be multiple reasons behind exporting and importing contacts to Mac, such as, switching from Windows OS to Mac OS, creating contacts in Mac-based email application, sharing contacts to Mac user, etc. Regardless of the reasons you need to perform this technical task. So, keeping in mind these scenarios we are going to share you the best methods.
Best Ways to Export Outlook Contacts to Mac OSFor the completion of this task we have brought up two possible methods that you can use –
Manually Import Outlook Contacts to Mac Address Book
This method is divided into two parts. First, users need to export Windows Outlook contacts to CSV file. Later on, transfer exported CSV file to Mac computer.
Part 1: Export Contacts to Mac Supported CSV File
- Open MS Outlook application under Windows OS
- Now. select File and navigate to the Open and Export option
- Later on, mouse-click the Import / Export option
- After this just, select Export to a file and click Next.
- Here, select the Comma Separated Values (CSV) option and click Next
- On the Select Folder to Export screen, choose the contacts and click Next
- Afterwards, click the Browse button to select the location for the exported file
- Finally, click the Finish button to export Outlook contacts to Mac.
Note: Now you need to copy the exported CSV file to Mac to import contacts to Mac. Before importing the file, you can open the file with a text editor and edit the format to your liking.
Part 2: Import PST Contacts as CSV on Mac
- Start the Mac computer and open the Contacts application to import Outlook contacts to Mac address book.
- From the menu, select File >> Import.
- Navigate to the location of the transferred CSV file to import contacts from Outlook to Mac.
- Click Open and review the field labels on the first card.
- Then, you must select Ignore First Card so that the header card is not imported.
- Now, you need to select an arrow next to a label to change it. If you do not want to import a field, select the “Do not import” option.
- Choose the OK button.
Export Windows Outlook Contacts to Mac Automatically
If your contacts stored in PST file and you want to import in Mac, then you need to use Mac PST File Converter Tool. This is an excellent automated utility that enables you to export contacts from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 PST files. It is easy to use and works well with all versions of Mac Operating System.
The software allows user to convert PST contacts to CSV and vCard file format that supported by Mac. Moreover, it provides support to export group Outlook contacts to multiple formats without losing a single bit of information. The best part of this tool is that it does not require Mac Outlook installation to start the export Outlook contacts to Mac process.
Similarly using this tool, you can import Outlook PST File to Mac Mail. Additionally, if you will need to convert PST file data into EML file, HTML format, into Text format, VCF file, ICS file, MSG file format or etc.
Steps to Import Outlook Contacts to Mac Address Book
Step 1. Download and install mentioned automated utility on your Mac system.
Step 2. Select PST files having contacts to export.
Step 3. Choose CSV or vCard file format from the saving options.
Step 4. Click Change and choose location to save the resultant file.
Step 5. Hit on Export button and the export Outlook contacts to Mac process will start automatically.
Once the entire process is complete, you will receive a completion message on software’s screen. Now, click OK and access your resultant file from the location you selected above.
It’s Done! So, this is how you can easily import contacts from Outlook to Mac using CSV or vCard file format.
Some Highlighted Features of Automated Tool
- Compatibility: The software supports to import Outlook contacts to Mac Address Book on all latest and earlier versions of Mac OS. Moreover, it supports converting PST exported from MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- High Speed: The utility is capable enough to export contacts from multiple PST files at the same time. Moreover, it supports converting unlimited PST files within a few minutes.
- No Limitation: The best part of this automated tool is that it has no file size limitations. One can easily export their large sized PST files without worrying about data loss and size restrictions.
- Date Filter: If you do not want to transfer all Outlook contacts to Mac, then you can apply date filter from the Advance Setting option. You only need to set “From” – “To” data and the tool exports only contacts of a particular time.
Nowadays, migration from one platform to another is necessary to meet the essential needs. Hence, many of you maybe looking for a solution to import Outlook contacts to Mac address book. However, this task is difficult to do. Therefore, in this article, we have discussed all the possible methods that helps you to Export Outlook contacts to Mac. So, you can choose one that suits your needs perfectly. But we recommend you to go for the professionally tested application that will help you to import contacts from Outlook to Mac OS.